Roon does not open, but sends Security Alert emails

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

roon will not open. it send a security alerts to my email . Asking if I sign in and a new device in my town just try to sign in on my account . Also it notes that my location may be inaccurate if I delete roon change my password I can get in but have to do this evertime

Hey @walter_borowski_boro,

We’re very sorry to hear logging into the Roon software is not possible. Can you log into your account page?

Do you see any error when Roon will not open? What Core are you using?

Hey @walter_borowski_boro,

It’s been a while since we last talked, and I was hoping to find out whether you’re all set and logged into your account, or if we can still help :nerd_face:

Hi Noris it’s Walter the old guy who knows nothing about computers. I having a little problem. I was down loading the latest roon updates when it finished my was stuck and it can not find my music. On the screen it says try removing some focus criteria. I am on using a Antipodes S30 music server. You are right, a music server is so much better than a pc.

Thank you for your time
Walter

@walter_borowski_boro,

Hi Walter. It looks like Roon is showing that your albums are there but there’s 0 of 1094 available. What happens when you click reset for the focus question pictured?

One of the other things I found when enabling diagnostics was that your Windows 11 box is still running an older version. You can use this link on your Windows machine to upgrade to 2.0 there as well!

Let me know how things go!

Thanks,
Wes

Hi, Wes everything is ok now. It just took a long time for the album to came back after the last upgrade it was a big one. So sometime you just have to patient. So everything is alright now.

Thank you for your time.
Walter

1 Like

I’m glad to hear this, Walter. Enjoy the music!

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.