Roon does not play next track in queue

I have the exact same problem and despite John’s request for log files I believe the the developers are already aware of the issue and claim to have an imminent fix, which unfortunately seems due to be bundled with other fixes. This issue seems to have been introduced with the release of Roon 1.8 so you would think that a simple code review would isolate it and suggest a fix?

Hello @Stephen_Pike,

What device are you experiencing this issue with? How are you connecting to the device (ie. USB, AirPlay, Roon Ready, Chromecast, etc).

-John

The chain is Roon on Debian Linux playing to Chromecast Audio, connected to Dynaudio powered speaker via S/PDIF fibre optic cable (with a fibre optic → coax converter as the Dynaudio speaker only supports coax as digital input). I have also used the Chromecast Audio as digital input over S/PDIF fibre optic into a Sony AV receiver. These configurations worked well with Roon 1.7 but with 1.8 playback often does not begin until I press play, pause, play in the Roon android app or Mac Roon player. Playback also randomly stops at the end of a track.

1 Like

Stephen
I have exact same problems. Need to press sop button and then play button again . Sometimes Roon plays a few songs sometimes it happens every song. It’s annoying. If I use tidal without Roon there are never issues.
Hopefully they solve it.
Peter

1 Like

I have a similar problem that started with 1.8. Starts playing next song in queue then no sound even though track is still incrementing time. If I tap the volume slider, it starts producing sound again from where time has incremented. Sometimes it will just skip to next song. Roon has obviously introduced bugs in the new firmware realease.

Hello all,

Did the behavior you’re seeing change with the recent update to Roon?

-John

John,

Only just now updated core and apps. So far so good. For me it was always very frequent when Qobuz content was in the queue and so far so good. I’ll report back after spending some not-at-work time with the new build.

By the way, I didn’t see this issue called out in the release notes.

Hello @David_Cluck,

We made a few improvements to our Chromecast implementation that should lead to better performance for all clients:

• Chromecast
    • Fixed gapless playback for Chromecast
    • Improved buffering on slow networks.

-John

Too early to be certain, but I have not yet had issues with the latest build. I will get back to you after a more extensive test.

I believe I was experiencing this with Airplay stream to the same device (KEF LS50WII) too, so I didn’t consider that applicable to the issue I’ve presented. I’ll test Airplay again later as I can.

Well, after a few more days using Chromecast Audio, no issues noted. It looks to me like a successful fix.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Track is loading slowly

All playback issues as stated in the OP are resolved for me John.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.