Roon does not recognize database

I am running ROON 1.7
QNAP ts-x77
Bryston streamer
iMac Pro 11.0.1

Ever since the last software update the database can take up to a few days to update new music. Tidal and Qobuz show right a way but punched music can take a while to show up if at all.

Hi @Steve_Child,

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

If you manually rescan the watched folder does it then add the new music?

The two remotes I am using show different data. Here is the screen shot of my computer sorting by recently added. I’ll send you one of my iPad.

IMG_0269.PNG
IMG_0270.PNG

These screen shots are from my iPad

Steve

These are from my iPad as you can see they are not the same

Steve

It now says I need a software update

Steve

Hi @Steve_Child,

We are investigating an issue affecting automatic library updates on NAS Core machines. We’ll be in touch as soon as we have more information about this.

Regarding the Metadata Improver error you see — If you reboot the QNAP does that go away? If not, can you describe your networking setup?

Thanks!

I am running;
Bryston Digital Music Player
A QNAP ts-677
A iMac Pro Big Sur 11.0.1
Roon 1.7
I use an iPad and my computer as a remote
my wife uses her iPad as a remote.

When I restart the QNAP it does nothing to update the data base. Sometimes Roon stopes playing and then a reset of the QNAP will enable Roon to play. On my remotes there is a spinning ball that says the Metadata stuck.

Hi @Steve_Child,

The next time you see the error can you make a note of the time and then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

I will be out of town until Monday November 23. I’ll send you the info then.

1 Like

Dylan, Dropbox wants an email to share the folder. Yours is not easy to find.

Hi @Steve_Child,

Can you upload the logs here instead: https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9h49b-LVTzf

Thanks!

I just sent them

Thanks, @Steve_Child! We’ll take a look and get back to you ASAP.

Hi @Steve_Child,

There are logs from the RAATServer folder here, but unfortunately the RAATServer logs are limited in what we can see — Can you send logs to the same link from the Roon / RoonServer folder? Thanks!

I can’t send logs because Roon can not find my core. When I reset my QNAP sometimes Roon will work but only for a few hours. I still have the spinning ball from the library updates. This is not working for me because I listen to a lot of music with a large library. I don’t know if it is my server or Roon but I’m not happy because it is very unstable.

The email is too limited to send files of any size. Please send another link.

The link is no longer valid. Are you looking for the snapshots on the server?

Here’s a new link, @Steve_Childhttps://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9icE9-LVTzf

The logs have been sent