Roon does not recognize my PS Audio direct stream as device [Solved: TIDAL update]

Roon Core Machine:

MacBook Pro. macOS Big Sur. Version 11.5.2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Google WiFi. With multiple pods throughout the house.

Connected Audio Devices

PS Audio Direct Stream connected to one of the pods via ethernet cable.

Library Size

Only use Roon to stream through Tidal

Description of Issue

Spotify recognizes the DAC without any issues, however I lost my Roon connection to all devices in the house. PS Audio DirectStream and Linn Majik. I reinstall Roon but still not recognizing devices.

I would turn off your Directstream DAC, your Roon Core, and reboot all of your Google WiFi pods. Once the pods are back up, start your Roon Core and wait until it comes back up then power on your Directstream DAC.

Hello @Jorge_DiPaola,

Thanks so much for getting in touch as soon as your audio devices disappeared.

Could you please clarify whether it is just the PS Audio that’s no longer recognized, or all your audio devices?

all my devices, not only the PS Audio. My other device is a Linn Majik and is no longer recognized either. I tried to reboot everything twice without success.

Thanks!

Jorge

will try that in that order and thanks!

Hey @Jorge_DiPaola,

Thanks for clarifying. I believe you might need to try the steps below to resolve this:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Restore a backup

Please, let me know if it helps :nerd_face:

Thanks Rebeka! Last night I was ready to do what you suggested and turned on the computer which asked me to update my Tidal and then voila! I do not know what eventually happened but Roon is back. Thanks for all your help !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.