Roon does not see bluesound node 2 device using macbook air as core

frustration level high. roon on macbook air with bluesound node 2 via ethernet. Once worked, now for past months I’ve spent hours trying to get it to work again. this is my last shot. will use bluesound os and forget roon. roon does not see my bluesound device. roon playback is through local macbook speakers only, and not bluesound. roon does not find or show bluesound as a device to use. trying to find solution via other posts has proven futile.

Roon loses my node 2 daily. I just have to unplug/rep lug node 2, but I often just play Spotify or use the bluesound os. I am using PoE, how about you?

Hi @DG_Bennett1,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Do you have any active firewall or antivirus on the Core machine? If so, try disabling them and let us know if there is any change here.

Hi dylan,

your mention of firewall on core led me to the solution. the trouble caused by mcafee. spent hours trying to figure out how to change settings via roon/mcafee/bluesound forums. and then… nothing worked till I just did a simple reload of mcafee “default” settings, and suddenly it works again. thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.