Roon does not see previous Playlists

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core … Nucleus.
Remove … MacOS Catalina 10.16.7

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I’ve been using Roon on Nucleus for a couple of years now without major problems. However, I’ve not used it at all for the past 3 months or more as my wife has been terminally ill – she passed away at the beginning of October.

I’ve just tried to use Roon today for the first time and I’m told I don’t have any Playlists – Roon sees all my albums etc., but no Playlists.

I had a 100+Playlists previously, how do I get them back?

I should have said that I’m on Roon version 1.7 (build 667), which I understand is the latest version.

Hi @John_Eaton1,

First, I’m sorry for your trouble here, and sorry for your loss.

I’m sure we can get you up and running here — These playlists, were they created in Roon? Imported from iTunes or a streaming service?

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

Playlists were created in iTunes
Screenshot of Settings>Storage

Hello @John_Eaton1, are you able to find the files through file explorer/finder? Could you send me a screenshot?

Which files do you mean? – iTunes?? – if so, here you are –

Hello @John_Eaton1, my apologies, I meant the playlist files. If they’re stored in that location and not on the Nucleus we either need to add the playlist’s location as a watched folder or move the files over to your Nucleus. Are the playlists located in the same place as your screenshot?

My apologies! – and more apologies, I don’t know what playlist files look like – if it helps, here’s what’s on my Nucleus –

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.