Roon does not show all the music files in a folder

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core i7 Windows 10 pro , 16 GB ram

Roon 1.7 (Build 571)

**Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet
SSID: Emma 19A
Protocol: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
Beveiligingstype: WPA2-Personal
Netwerkband: 5 GHz
Netwerkkanaal: 36
Link-local IPv6-adres: fe80::2cee:b37e:a21e:1e14%18
IPv4-adres: 192.168.17.61
IPv4-DNS-servers: 208.91.112.53
Fabrikant: Intel Corporation
Beschrijving: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
Stuurprogrammaversie: 20.70.16.4
Fysiek adres (MAC): 94-B8-6D-39-E4-23

Primare NP5 -connected to Electrocompaniet EC6DX MK2

Description Of Issue

Roon does not show all the 370 music files in a folder with a downloaded CD collection ( Angela Hewitt plays Bach ) , it shows me only 160 files ? When I want to delete this folder Roon informes me and askes if I want to delete 370 files ? Also when I rescan the folder it informes : ROON added 370 files ,…but it does not show that in the ROON browser there I can only see 160 numbers or music files ?

Hope somebody can help me with this maybe ? Thanks

It’s a known issue:

My suggestion, as a workaround, would be to split those 370 tracks in one folder into two new folders (named CD1 and CD2) created in the album folder. This will have the effect of allowing Roon to treat the album as a 2-disc boxset.

That particular box is a collection of individual releases

If you split the tracks into the original CD’s Roon will recognize them. Name the folders CD01 - Partitas etc, Roon will treat them as individual albums

Also you will get 13 albums rather than the magic 15 hyperlinks. You will a get much better navigation experience

This isn’t the case for many box sets but it is in this one

Thanks, Mike…

This method gets around the woes of big boxes with a bit of judicious renaming, I do it as often as I can simply to navigate better

Agreed, if you know how the boxset has been put together from the original releases, then you have the chance to split them back out again so that Roon will identify them as a collection of the original albums. Has the additional advantage that you get individual album art, rather than the one size fits all cover of the box set (until Roon gets around to addressing this issue, that is…).

1 Like

Geoff , great idea, thanks alot for the suggestion will do that ! Its a bit strange because the pretty limited web based UI of the Electrocompaniet EC6DX does show all the 370 files :slight_smile:

Kind regards , Sjoerd

Hi Mike , that’s also a very nice suggestion !! A bit more work but do-able !! Thanks a lot !!

Grtz Sjoerd

Geoff ,…will do that I think ( on a rainy day :slight_smile: That ROON scrolls sideway ( most of the time, and sometimes not ?! ) I think is more annoying , really hope in the future they wil have that as an option ! :))

Thanks again

Sjoerd

Sideways versus horizontal scrolling, or both - have a look through the forum; internet wars have been fought over this… :smile:

Hello @Sjoerd_Veenstra, thanks for your report! Looks like the community helped you out here, please let me know if you have any further questions!

Hi Nuwriy , thanks and yes do you have any idea if Roon wil fix this limit and make it possible to see all 370 files maybe ?

Thanks a lot grtzz Sjoerd

Hello @Sjoerd_Veenstra, thanks for the feedback here! Our product team and developers keep a close eye on requests like these, and we have considered this item recently. While I can’t offer any timelines yet, we’ll be sure to keep this request in mind. Thanks!

Hi Nuwriy thanks for your answer again . Grtz Sjoerd

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.