Roon does not stay running, no connection can be made with remotes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

WINW2K19/Roon 1.6 (build 416) stable on windows

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Standard Gig network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

OPPO 203

Description Of Issue

Roon does not stay running, no connection can be made with remotes

First thing is temporarily disable any firewall and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then enable them and add RAAT, Roon, Roonserver as exceptions. See this page: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Why_can’t_Roon_Remote_Connect%3F

If that doesn’t work, since you are running Server, you might try turning off the Terado tunneling tech and see if it makes a difference. See this webpage:

The Roon server has been running for about 2 weeks, then it has been unavailable. Rebooting the server allows me to restart Roon server. Did not make any firewall changes. Try the firewall changes you suggested, then I could not RDP into the server.

Allowed remotes to connect to the server these last 2+ weeks.

Just rebooted, running again.

Hi @Mike_Site,

I’m glad to hear that you’re up and running again.

Just to verify — Is this something that regularly happens every two weeks and only a reboot fixes it?

It ran for a week plus then started to quite. I am almost done with my free month and now it will not stay running very long. If I knew what services/etc it was running I could monitor in task manager.

Would the logs help?

My free month ends 11/19.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi @Mike_Site,

What happens when you open Roon? Does Roon crash instantly? Are there any errors?

So far, all I can tell you is that after opening Roon server, it takes 5 minutes before Roon access works. As for how long it runs before stopping, I have no way of knowing. I do not see any error, Roon remote can not connect to Roon.

I see Roon Server, Roon and RAAT all running, 0% in task manager.

Hi @Mike_Site,

As a test, can you try running Roon (the all-in-one install) instead of RoonServer on this machine? When things get in this state, how do things look on the Roon UI? Are you still able to use Roon without issue from the Core machine?

Can you describe your network setup?

I appreciate what you are suggesting. Everything is running now, Roon is a new software package to me.

I am a computer tech. The network is Gig and I am working on upgrading it. Since Roon is working, I will watch and learn from what you have written and what I can now go and research.

Your support, all the support and the Roon software is appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.