Roon does not support DSD256 with Moon 280D Mind 2

The Mind module version I have is also 2.02
The Moon 280D version is 1.24

Use a better core it’s not up to spec to allow DSD and DSP funnctionality that’s your issue not the Moon nor Roon you just don’t have enough juice in the tank to do this on DSD256. Applying and DSP to DSD is a very taxing process for the CPU.

I’m sorry. What do you mean by a better core? You mean the miniPC I run the Roon core on is not fast enough? The Intel(R) Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz?

Yes you have reached the capacity of what your core can do, it’s not up to it you need a newer i7 if doing any DSP on DSD. That’s why your processing speed is too low and it fails to playback. Turn off DSP and it may well play but using DSP on DSD material is by nature a cpu intensive task and yours isn’t coping well try turning it off. You can try and enable Parallelize Sigma Delta Processor to spread it across two cores but being so low I can’t see it helping much at all but worth a go.

I shut down the DSP and now the processing speed is up to 2,6x!! :grinning: :+1:

The tracks are running smoothly now. I don’t know what you mean by the spreading across two cores with Parallelizing Sigma Delta Processor. Is that any difficult?
Thanks a lot!!! I can play everything now!

It’s an option in the dsp settings that splits processing across two of the cpu cores it gives a bit more juice for Roon at cost of efficiency it uses more power , thus generates more heat and has less resources for other things but it’s not a big increase but can help if your on the fringe for processing speed.

I certainly will try that. Thanks for finding the solution !!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.