Roon does recognise Denafrips Terminator

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
SGC i7
Sonicorbiter 2.7
Roon 1.7 build 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology 2600
Wifi to LAN
860Mbps sustained link

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Denafrips Terminator
USB with sonicorbiter enabled to local playback

Description Of Issue

Roon does recognize Terminator generically
Roon Setup does not show highest PCM and DSD rate as choices:
DSD1024, PCM1536 Supported On USB

While the hardware should be able to support, the software does not seem to recognize the capability of the attached device.

What is your local endpoint at the Terminator? Nothing is shown. I don’t believe the Terminator has a streamer board built in. If memory serves from when I was considering a Terminator, the RJ45 jacks on the back panel are for I2S input only (just confirmed this on the site).

Just noticed that you are using local USB output from the STi7. I would contact Andrew at SGC and have him help you with this. As I remember there can be some issues with local USB output with some DACs.

Please note the highlight. The DAC produces beautiful music with these settings but selecting the most capable (tbd obviously) parameter set is not possible.

This could be a USB driver issue.

Hi @Gerald_Terfloth,

Roon does not support DSD1024 nor PCM1536 at this time. There is an internal feature request for adding higher rates of DSD/PCM, but I can’t comment on a timeline of when these capabilities will be added.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.