Roon doesn't run after upgrading Windows

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading windows from home to windows 1o pro.
I have followed the re install procedure , but ROON does not run?
Please assist

As post script ROON is reported to be running in Task Manager -zero CPU usage but some memory allocated.
TIDAL is running fine as a stand alone application .
ROON is just dead

Hello @Robert_Jenkins, I’ve split out your post to its own support topic…

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware

It would be helpful if you could describe what you are seeing now - a login screen? - a screenshot would help.

OK Thanks for your reply.
The attached screen shot appears when opening ROONROON SCREEN SHOT
Streaming only set up.
Router RJ45 output cat 8 ethernet cable to audiophile network switch RJ45 (same)
RJ45 output into thunderbolt input on laptop
Acer Laptop - Dedicated to audio. 20Gb RAM SSD Windows 10 Pro AO and Fidelizer Pro audio enhancement software USB supra 2.0 output to SMSL DAC
Analogue balanced output into
Elac Navis ARB -51 active speakers
Exclusively streaming from TIDAL and QOBUZ
No Issues running Windows 10 home - Problem after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro
TIDAL direct opens and runs without any issues . QOBUZ not available outside of ROON
Thank you
Robert Jenkins

Try installing the manufacturer video driver not the one that Windows installs, then reboot

May work ?

log file 2 log file 1

@ log files one from ROON _old and the other from new ROON install

Resolved .
Uninstalled ROON with Revo uninstaller , but did not remove folders and files.
Re-Installed ROON - SAME ISSUE !!!
Uninstalled ROON again including all the files , folders and back ups etc.
Re - installed ROON YES !!! Back up. , everything fine .TIDAL and QOBUZ ACTIVATED
Strange thing is my library intact ? Everything good

1 Like

Hello @Robert_Jenkins, pleased to hear everything ok now, and thanks for explaining how you fixed it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.