Roon doesn´t run on windows 7

Hey,
I installed roon on my windows 7, but it doesn´t run. When I start roon only, the Picture with the words from the musicians appear for a second and nothing else happened. Need help from @support, please, thank´s a lot!

Hi @Bodo_Frye,

Which version of Roon have you installed? Was it the 32-bit or 64-bit version? If you by any chance have an Intel 4000 graphics card driver, you might want to give the 32-bit version a try or update your graphics drivers. If that still does not work, I would try re-downloading the Roon installer and installing it fresh, to ensure that Roon is in a fresh state, please follow these instructions:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Database_Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • See if the same issue occurs afterwards

Thanks,
Noris

Hi,
I have a i5 laptop with a Intel g. Card, with w7 Just for roon. But have some issues because it needs some graphic cards drivers to run properly. My solution was to install the roon core only on the w7 and then install the roon on a smart device. I could then set/manage the roon core from the device.

Hope it helps

Filipe

Hello @Filipe_Cunha,

Yes, if you are missing the necessary graphics drivers to run Roon, then running RoonServer as you have done would be your best bet here. Just to confirm here, you were able to resolve this issue by installing RoonServer instead of the All-in-one version of Roon? Is everything now working as expected in this configuration?

Thanks,
Nrois

Hi Noris,

Yes, Roon seems to be working 100%. Don’t really need the GUI one on the server has I can use the my other device to connect to it. Verrrrrrryyyyy coollll

Many thanks

Filipe

Hi @Bodo_Frye,

I just wanted to check in here with you, have you been able to use my instructions to start Roon? Are your graphics card drivers up to date?

Thanks,
Noris