Roon doesn’t start after installing the latest update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini, OS X 10.0.5, Roon build number - can’t access Roon but it’s the latest build prior to the update that caused the problem

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Cisco Router Model 1921-SEC/K9 connected via Ethernet cable (internet is AT&T fiber)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Trinnov Amethyst connected via Ethernet cable, data files in Synology DS216+ NAS connected via Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Roon app doesn’t restart after installing the latest update. OS X error message: “Roon quit unexpectedly. Click reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple”. There are 3 choices: Ignore, Report . . . And Reopen. Clicking “Reopen” just causes the same error message to appear.

Sorry, I see you are talking about your computer, not iPhone or iPad.

Hi @Gabriel_Bustamante — Can you clarify the mac OS version you’re using?

A post was split to a new topic: Issue opening Roon on Mac

According to the “About” menu, the OS X version is 10.0.5 which I think is Cheetah

Actually, I initiated the upgrade from my iPad as I’ve done before but it caused the problem on the Mac

Hello @Gabriel_Bustamante, and thanks for your report! If you’re running OS 10.8 or below, your machine doesn’t meet our minimum system requirements as we recommend 10.9 or above. Do you see this issue on any of your other remotes?

The only other devices I use with Roon are the Roon remote app on an iPad and an iPhone, which only work when Roon is running on the Mac. The Mac is a dedicated music server only being used for Roon. Should I update OS X to the most recent version? Will this fix the problem or will it be necessary to do anything else?

I updated OS X to version 12 (Sierra) and it resolved the problem. The Roon app now starts and runs properly. Thank you

Hey @Gabriel_Bustamante, that’s awesome news! Please let us know if you have further issues with this. We’re happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.