Roon Doesn't Add Certain Ripped DIscs

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win 10 custom PC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Linksys router, PC attached by ethernet, coax to DAC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Coax PC to DAC, ethernet to NAS

Description Of Issue

Ripped about 550 CD’s/SACD’s. Most went well and able to match to database in Roon. About 12 could not be read by Roon though will play in VLC and JRiver. Forced scans do not result in Roon seeing the ripped CD’s and including them as part of my library. They are a range of CD’s from fairly common ( Chris Isaak) to more obscure classical. Formats are the same across both read and non-read CD’s. Not sure why Roon can’t “see” these particular rips. Any guidance?

Are any of the missing rips present in Settings > Library > Skipped Files?

Hi @Joe_Moran,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Thanks. I did look at the skipped files. It did point out a number of corrupted files that were not being read. It did not, however, point out files that were not supported (primarily ape files). I did convert those to FLAC and they work now. Not sure if the skipped files capability is meant to point our those ape files.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.