Library is on a Synology NAS DS214+
Router: Asus RT-AC86U
Switches: TP-Link TL-SG2216 and TP-Link TL-SG1024

Connected Audio Devices

Audio devices: 2x Bluesound Pulse 2, 1x Bluesound Pulse Mini

Number of Tracks in Library

10000 tracks in library

Description of Issue

ROON was not able to find my two Pulse 2-speakers which were set up through the BluOS Controller to work as a stereo pair. Until recently this worked without problems. However after installing Avast One as an antivirus software this doesn’t work anymore. I checked that temporarilly disabling the antivirus program solves the issue. Only way, I found so far, to make ROON find the speakers while running Avast One is deleting the fixed group in BluOS Controller. However, I would like to use my former setup again in which the two speakers are seen in ROON as one entity (thus are set up as a fixed group in BluOS Controller).

I chose Avast One as a free anti virus after going through some reviews. However, I can change to another antivirus software if it’s also thrustworthy.

In short, is there a way to solve this problem by setting up some parameters in Avast One? Or is there an other thrustworthy free antivirus I could use which doesn’t show this issue?

Addendum: I just found out that swithing off the firewall in Avast One also solves the problem. Do I actually need a firewal on a desktop-machine in my home network? My router also has its firewall, so I guess this might allready be enough protection.

Did you add roon as exceptions in the firewall rules?

I looked for a way to do that but Avast doesn’t seem to give that possibility. I guess its one of the things you get when switching to a payed version.

But then again, do I need this firewall to be switched on when I’m behind a router with a firewall?

Try windows defender

1 Like

Hi @Robin_Rotsaert ,

Yes, this confirms that the firewall is the issue. To give you some more context, please see the additional info below:

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been > added as exceptions to your Windows and any other firewalls.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.