Roon doesn't import all files that it scans

I rebooted the NUC and restarted ROCK and this is the best result so far. But, I’ve done all this before. I don’t have a good file count now, bur I think there are about 7,300

Lee

Hi @Lee_Dickinson,

Thank you for giving the reboot a try. I asked QA to verify logs once more and they have confirmed that there does not appear to be an issue surrounding the “Lossless” folder any longer.

The next step here would be to take a closer look at a few examples of media files that are not importing properly. For this aspect, can I ask you to share a screenshot of the full path to one or a few of the missing files?

Also, can you please send a few of the files that are not showing up to me for analysis via Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com ? I would like to try importing them on my end to see if there is any strange behavior regarding them on ROCK vs other platforms.

– Noris

It is more difficult now to find a file that is not imported since 6500 of approximately 7,300 of them are imported. I lack an efficient way to compare the file directory on the NAS to the import set in Roon. Roon only gives me icons of album covers to go by. Is there any way to output a list of the files that are in Roon? I can use a Mac terminal “ls -R” command to output a list of files on the NAS.

Go to the Track browser and make sure that the file Path is displayed for the tracks (see the drop down arrow on the right).

Then select all the tracks (Control-A is the keyboard shortcut). Click the “3 dots” menu in the top title bar, choose Export, and export the tracks to Excel. The resulting Excel spreadsheet will include the file path for each track in your library.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.