Roon doesn't keep track of what Linn DSM is playing

Hi @dylan,

I’ve set up a tidal demo account now and can confirm that this also happens for tidal playlists (just now), see screensshot, tine 21:14 CET.

Can confirm the same problem on my DSM3 as well. Was working fine in the past now seems no tracks are updating progress.

Hi @dylan,
du you have any news on this topic?

Cheers,
David

Hello @David_Holler,

We continue to investigate the behavior you are reporting, including testing across different networks as well as different devices. In your setup, has this issue been limited to the Klimax DSM, or have you seen this behavior with the Majik DS as well?

-John

Hi @john, @dylan,

yep, also on Majik. Server restart doesn’t fix it.
Thing is I’m running out of trial (and the playlist stuck thing is a nuisance), that’s why I’m asking about the current state of things …

FYI: after more than two months my problem reappeared today. (see Linn Akurate / Music stops / Roon Remote not updated)

New years eve, several hours hours of playing music. Playlist stuck, no playhead syndrome is pretty much standard roon behaviour with nearly every track played, despite turning on and off Klimax, Core, Remote. Close to unusable. :expressionless:

1 Like

I can confirm that I do experience the very same problem with my Linn Selekt DSM. It is strange though, that a few weeks ago, when I had another Linn Selekt DSM at home for testing in the same configuration, no such problem occurred.

Well, that same “Selekt DSM” might have had a totally different version of the Davaar Firmware installed.

Use Konfig from Linn Downloads to check which version you have on yours.

I can cofnirm I have the same problem. I have a Linn Majik DSM/3. Updated to lastest firmware/software.
Installed Roon(complete) on a macbook. So now and then I don’t see the paying bar making any progress anymore, while the music is actually playing.

When I closed roon, AND Linn Majik DSM, and started again, it worked for a few songs. And after that same problem :frowning:

I’m using Roon together with Qobuz

Hello @LinnDre,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

-John

Thanks for the reply. After deinstalling qobuz restarting Mac. Instelling qobuz again. Restarting. Roon seems to work well.

I will keep an eye on the issue and if IT happens again I will let you know

If I may I’d like to bump this as I have the same issues. I did wonder if it was down to using Powerline - the server is two floors above the listening room and that’s how they are connected - but yesterday I moved the server to a position a couple of feet from the DS, with no improvement.
Everything is up to date - Roon is running on an HP Microserver with WHS 2011, the KDS is running the most recent release firmware and Roon on iPad, iPhone and server are all the latest build.
Did you folk at Roon discover anything about the cause of this?

Mick

The problem didn’t show up for months now. What I can say is, that I reboot (power off / power on) my Linn streamer once or twice a month because I have all sorts of issues (some of them not related with Roon at all) which force me to reboot anyway. Maybe these regular reboots have a positive effect on this strange problem as well…

Thanks for that. Next time it happens I’ll give it a try.

Mick

Ah-ha! It’s been fine since I last posted, until today when it started happening again. I powered off and on the DS and all is well again. Strange, but at least it appears (so far) to be something I can easily resolve, although I’d rather it didn’t happen at all, of course.
What other issues do you have that necessitates switching your DS off regularly?

Mick

For example when I’m modifying Linn Space Optimisation using the web-based version. When I’m switching through different profiles too fast the systems gets stuck sometimes.

Once in a while it also happens that the streamer cannot be found on my network at all (in Roon as well as in other apps). In this case a reboot is necessary as well. This happens very rarely though.

Ah ok - thanks for that. I use SO v2 but don’t often flip between optimisations so that doesn’t cause me any grief - the DS is pretty much well behaved here.

Hello Michael,

Only for my interest - why do you not use the Konfig app on Mac/Win? It offers much more possibilities to tweak the sound.

If I switch between profiles it takes a couple of seconds before the new „config file“ is updated in the Linn system.

Regards
Tom

Hi Tom

I use Konfig for various things, but no longer for SO. I now use SO v2 as I find it gets me much better results, in my slightly oddly shaped room. I do miss the tweakability of v1, but at least now I find I spend less time fiddling and more listening!

Mick