Roon doesn't play my musicfiles

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

sonicTransport 7i with Rooncore 1.7

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

La Rosita streamer/DAC USB connection

Description Of Issue
Hello…,

This evening I did install my SSD drive with my music files in a new enclosure and another USB cable. I started Roon and saw that it did see my about 2000 music files. But then it was counting back. At the end there where no music files found. I did stop Roon and removed my SSD drive and put it in the previous enclosure with the original
USB cable. I went to the Settings>Storage and did a rescan, it did find music files but this time about 1700. Although I can see my albums in Roon it’s impossible to play: to many failures. Maybe a screenprint from Roon Server Diagnostics does explain something.
At last I did try with a backup drive with my music files but with the same results: about 1700 albums and impossible to play. I don’t know what to do to solve this problem.

Thanks for reading and helping, Bert.

Hello…,
After a sleepless night because of maybe lost music files and defect external drives and other bad thoughts I tried this morning to start Roon with the SSD drive in original enclosure and … its working perfect again. I don’t understand why and that worries me. But so far everything works fine. A screenprint from Roon Server Diagnostics could maybe explain something.
Thanks for reading, Bert.

Hi @Bert_Dijkstra,

I’m glad to hear that things are working for you now! If you see any issues return please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.