Roon doesn't power off Logitech Transporter

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 18.04, Roon 1.7 build 500

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired ethernet, wireless to Transporter, Unifi network equipment

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Transporter analog out to preamp

Description Of Issue

Roon will recognize and play/pause streams to Logitech Transporter but will not power off transporter via power button in client. Player stays in stream paused mode forever. Also, front panel power button on Transporter is no-op. Transporter has to be power cycled to recover.

Roon’s interface with and ability to control the various Squeezebox devices is somewhat limited. I consider it a small price to pay for the excellent Roon library management and user interface. However the music streamed via Roon to my Transporter plays perfectly.

Hi @William_Ford_Donald,

Where are you seeing the power button in the Roon client? I am not aware of such an option. What do you have you transporter settings set to, does it have an “automatic power off feature”? Is there any change if you try turning this on if your Transporter has such options?

00%20AM

This is the view where I see a power control for the transporter.

Hi @William_Ford_Donald,

Thank you for sharing that screenshot with me, I was unaware of the power button being available for the Transporter. I would like to see what diagnostics indicate when you push this button. Can I please ask you to reproduce the issue and note the exact local time + date in your country when you press the button? Thanks!

Pressed power button repeatedly on 11-26-2019 at 9:22am CST in USA.

Hi @William_Ford_Donald,

Thanks for providing that timestamp. Now that I have this information, I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

Hello @William_Ford_Donald,

If you press the + button on the Logitech Transporter remote, are you able to disconnect from Roon? Are you then able to power down the unit?

-John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.