Roon doesn't recognize my DAC anymore. Why please?

hi,
my DAC (Fiio Q3) isn’t recognized anymore by roon. It worked perfectly till now. I didn’t change anything. Could this be caused by a roon update, I really don’t know…

I tried to reinstall DAC drivers, but still not recognized.

please help. :slight_smile:
JC

Mine quit the other day as well. I’ve had the odd time this happen. Within Roon I would sign out and back in of Tidal and it would work again. I e tried everything I could think of this time and can’t get to work.

What’s it connected to and how?

@ged_hickman1

first my roon core is installed on a dedicated NUC
one of my ended point is a Microsoft surface pc, on which I used to connect my usb DAC Fiio Q3 that give me the best for headphones.

again, this DAC was recognized until now without any problem, and I changed nothing (as far as I know).

JC

Make sure the firewall exceptions haven’t been overwritten on the windows machine. Quickest check is to disable the firewall and see if it reappears.

@ged_hickman1

thanks very much, there is obviously something about the firewall.
but I don’t understand all.

i disabled the firewall and my DAC came back in the list.
then I enable back the firewall, and my DAC is still in the list (?!) and I lost one of my chromecast end points in the list (?!)
nb : I have several chromecast end points, but only one is missing, strange…

I am not at all a firewall expert, what do you suggest to fix that please?
JC

@ged_hickman1

thanks.
I went several times in the firewall app exceptions. Each time I go there, there are more raat and roon lines (!?)
then I tried to check and uncheck boxes anyway. Check all the boxes, check only “private” boxes…

all I can get is my DAC missing in the list or always the same chromecast end point missing in the list.
I never get both in the list…
what do I do wrong?
nightmare.
JC

Hey @Jean-Claude_Gallard,

I’m so sorry to read about the trouble in maintaining the connection between your Core and endpoints. I’m equally sorry that we’re only able to reply today :pleading_face: . Please, accept my apologies.

I wonder if, two weeks later, the issue has remained consistent or if anything’s changed? Can we still help :nerd_face: ?