Roon doesn't remember albums I put in the library/I can't "like" songs

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nuci3, Rock, newest build number

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

fritzbox 7590, LAN to Nuc, Wifi to Roon player

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic Aries femto, Auralic vega, USB; Qobuz

Description Of Issue

I put an album that was “recommended for me” into my library. Then I am listening to roon radio. They’re playing a song from that new album that I like. So I am looking into the “queue” and I want to “like” it. The icon is showed but nothing happens when clicking it. Then I am opening the album by clicking on it in the “queue”. No icons are showed here and the album is not recognised as being already in my library. I have to put the album into my library a second time, then the icons are showed and I can use them. But when I close the album after that its the same when I open it again: No icons showed and I have to put the album into my library again. Whats strange: When I am going directly to the “albums” part of my library and searching for it, it is there and when I am opening it here, the icons are showed and usable.

Yes, it can be confusing until you realise what is happening.

The radio function has added the Tidal (or Qobuz, same thing here) track to your queue (perhaps before you had added the album to your library) and not your library version. The album associated with this track is considered a different object from the one in your library; you may have made edits to that one for example.

When you opened the album, you were viewing the Tidal version, not your library one. Adding it to your library again actually did nothing other than change your view to the library version. Opening the album from the queue is always going to go to the Tidal object associated with the Tidal track.

Next time, the library track should be added if it is identical to the one that Roon Radio chooses

1 Like

Thank you for your explanation! Now I understand. But I think it would be less confusing if the icons were only showed in situations where you can use them…I thought there is a bug in the software. Maybe they can change that in the future. But again, thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.