Roon doesn't see backups in folders that contain backups from multiple Cores [Fixed in build 911]

Hi Beka,

Thanks for your quick reply, I’ve been in contact and got the following information from him.

On the NAS where the automatic backups are made is the following content:
The customer used to have a different Roon core, after we started digging in the folders some got renamed (added Elac, Nucleus MU1 etc to the end). Before this was done these where not seen by Roon either.
I believe the customers MU1 roon core makes his backups in the 56989db0… folder. The ‘last modified’ date is from ‘today’. Within that folder are the following files:
Which contains files that show the dates of the automatic backups.

I’m not sure what you mean with IDS files, maybe the “roon_backup_root” etc. files?

My client gets help from his son, he compared the ‘name’ files from a recent working backup (after resetting the database) and they match with the ones from the backups he want to use.

Greetings,
Justin Vis

the backup on the network hard drive is not visible, but the backup is operating correctly and it was working fine before. In addition, it is possible to backup from the U disk, but the previous backups that were kept before are automatically deleted.This problem has nothing to do with the core. It is the 903 version that has this problem. I have tried ROCK, windows, and linux systems.

Hi @BostonX / @Justin_V ,

QA has been able to reproduce an issue with Roon backup folders containing backups from multiple Cores and we have put in a ticket for further investigation into this.

As a work-around while this ticket is in progress, we suggest moving the old (unused) Core from the Roon Backups folder and giving that a try.

For you @BostonX , this means, please select your 5af573f5... folder and move it to a new directory on your Passport and try again.

For you @Justin_V , this means moving all the folders with an underscore except for the 5698db0... folder to a new directory and then trying the backup restore again.

This should work while we get this ticket addressed, do let us know if you run into any issues though, thank you.

1 Like

I don’t know what happened to my response to this question. I responded yesterday with the following:

Add images

@noris

I just noticed that the same folder name is in two locations:

Thanks, Noris. I moved the unused Core from that backup folder and now I can see the backups that were not previously visible.

1 Like

@BostonX - When you moved the unused core, did you Stop the Roon Server Software or did you make the move while Roon was up and running?

I moved my unused core while Roon Server was up and running.

Thanks! I appreciate the fast reply. Congrats on the fix. I hope my issue can get resolved soon as well.

Take care,
Vince

No problem - Good luck!

I have the same problem with build 903 on an Antipodes CX.
Making a new backup folder and backing up to this fixed it.

Please do more testing of new builds before release. I don’t want to be a beta tester.

I had the same issue on my Qnap. Roon stopped working without a reason yesterday, when i wanted to restart he asked the backup. He only found old backups in the backups folder. So i named the backups folder to backupsold and created a new one (backups) where i copied the last backup to. I directed the backupmanager to that new folder and it worked. It seems to be indeed a SW issue somewhere.

Hi All,

We’ve made some improvements in build 911 with regard to this issue. If you are still seeing this behavior or you have your previous folder structure, can you check to see if build 911 fixed the issue and let us know? Thanks!

Hello, indeed since the update of my Antipodes K50 with Roon build 904, I no longer saw my backups. With this new update, it works perfectly again! thank you
Bruno

1 Like

Hi Noris - After installing 911 I can now see the backups again in my original backup folder. This seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.