Roon doesn't see hardwired Bluesound equipment

Help Please

Except for my Vault 2 (my primary music library), Roon Version 1.5 build 363 doesn’t see my hardwired Bluesound equipment It sees my DAC (but that’s attached to my PC (Win 10 Pro, 64 bit)). It does not see my Power Node nor my NAD AMP, which has the Bluesound Module (all on the same Cat 6 network)

What should I do?

Hi, @Martin_Nance, thanks for your report. Could you please describe your setup as it’s advised here – I’m having a problem with Roon -- where do I report it?

Could you, please, tell us if there’s any AV software or firewall enabled on the machine which runs Roon Core?

Thanks!

Ivan

Thank you.

I have Windows Defender Firewall (but Roon is allowed through it privately) Windows Defender and Malwarebytes AV software

Sorry, I thought I had given everything.

Roon Version 1.5 build 363
Music on a Bluesound Vault II, networked via ethernet,
Other Bluesound module in NAD 368Amp and PowerNode (both wired, not recognized)
Mobile Bluesound and Node (connected to audio engine speakers) and Bluesound sound bar all recognized

Windows 10 running 64 bit except:
Processor i7-7770K CPU @4.2GHz
RAM 16GB

Hallo, ich habe das gleiche Problem. Mein mit LAN-Kabel angeschlossener NAD M12 (Bluesound) wird in Roon 1.5 Build 363 ebenfalls nicht erkannt

Thanks for the info, @Martin_Nance ! Could you please try disabling Malwarebytes AV software or add Roon to the exceptions and see if this problem persists?

Thanks!

Ivan

Danke, aber was ist die Malwarebytes AV-Software, habe ich nicht, glaube ich …

Hi, @Rudi_Hey, thanks for your reply, sorry, but I was addressing to @Martin_Nance, could you please describe your setup as it’s done here – I’m having a problem with Roon – where do I report it? ?

P.s. Also,@Rudi_Hey may I kindly ask you to translate your posts to English, I know German a bit, but I can’t say that I’m good at it :frowning:

Thanks!

Ivan

Oh sorry, I’m new. My Roon Core is a Macbook Pro (Mojave).
I don’t see my NAD M12 (Bluesound Card), connected per LAN-Cable with my home-network, in my Roon System
And Ivan, your German is very fine! :slight_smile:

@Rudi_Hey, thanks!

Could you, please, tell do you have any AV software or firewalls running on you MacBook?

Thanks!

Ivan

On my Mac, the Firewall is not active. My AV-Software is Avira Services.
Thank you!

Would you mind trying to disable it and see how it goes?

Thanks!

Ivan

Ok, i did it. Is there any possibility, to start any kind of scan, to search for the existant audio-components?
Thank you.

Rudi

I have excluded the entire Folder and restarted Roon but there’s no change. Do I need to reboot? Also I forgot to mention that I am give the choice to enable Intel Display Audio and Realtek ASIO. Should I enable either or both?

Unfortunately, I still do not see the NAD M12. Do you have any further idea?
Thank you!

Thanks for your replies, @Rudi_Hey, @Martin_Nance.

May I ask you to describe your network topology? I mean routers, switches, etc.

Thanks!

Ivan

I have a normal router (AVM) and switches.

Verizon Fios Modem connected to Linksys EA9500 V1.1 from which all Cat 6 cables connect.

Amp, Power Node and Vault connect direct to Linksys
Node, Mobile and Soundbar connect wirelessly;
PC connects through a 5 port switch then to Router
DAC wired connection to PC and wirelessly to Speakers

Hi Ivan,
do you have no idea, why my connection to NAD doesn’t work?
Thank you, Rudi

Hi Ivan,
my problem is solved.
Today I took the NAD from voltage and after several minutes I connected it again.
Now everything runs perfectly.
Thank you for your support.

Thank you
Rudi