Roon doesn't see NAD M10

hi Sloop. I do not know what’s happening. but I bought the NAD M10 bluos. and I do not work with roon. I have roon on a TS-1277 NAS and I have followed all the steps to install ROON on the NAS. I have updated the M10 BluUs on the first turn on. I have configured it. and ROON does not recognize it. At the moment I am only using with the app bluos. help please since I want to use ROON READY IN MY NAD M10 BLUOS.

I think this might be a task for @support.

Give details of your network and how the NAS and NAD are connected to the network.

BluOS and Roon do work so it is something in your set-up that is not quite right and @support should be able to help with this.

.sjb

hello.I have acquired the nad m10 bluos and it does not work with my server roon.dice that is not certified nad m10 bluos.si can help me. since I do not know how to solve this problem. Please provide some information. Thanks :+1:

En inglés por favor:

hello.I have acquired the nad m10 bluos and it does not work with my server roon.dice that is not certified nad m10 bluos.if you can help me .please.thanks.

hello.I have acquired the nad m10 bluos and it does not work with my server roon.dice that is not certified nad m10 bluos.if you can help me .please.thanks.

Strang, the M10 has or uses the same bluos as Bluesound Node, Nad M50 or M50.2

Others are using it OK. I suggest you raise this in the support area. If you do a search a few people have posted using it with roon.

Hi. I do not know what’s happening. but I bought the NAD M10 bluos. and I do not work with roon. I have roon on a TS-1277 NAS and I have followed all the steps to install ROON on the NAS. I have updated the M10 BluUs on the first turn on. I have configured it. and ROON does not recognize it. At the moment I am only using with the app bluos. help please since I want to use ROON READY IN MY NAD M10 BLUOS.

Tagging @support

Hello @Cesar_Augusto,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon -> Settings -> Audio page? You can upload screenshots to this website by using these instructions and it should look something like this:

You would need to enable the NAD M10 in this menu before you start using it. If it does not appear here can you try powering off your TS-1277 and then on again and same action (power off and back on) for the NAD zone?

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.