Roon doesn't sync with iTunes Library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.4; MacBook Pro 2017
TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Verizon Quantum WiFi
TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
ROON syncs great with TIDAL. However, I’ve never been able to get it to find my iTunes library. I have consolidated my iTunes into an iTunes Media Folder. The Music Folder in ROON Storage is enabled and I also added a direct path to find the iTunes Media Folder, i.e., /users/myname/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media

iTunes is enabled to share iTunes with other apps. And I forced a rescan, but still no success.

However, when initially looking for the location of of my music I found it in iTunes.itl, not iTunes xml.
When I clicked the xml file it didn’t show anything.

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Frank_Tooper — Thanks for reaching out!

First, can you share screenshots of Settings | Storage in Roon as well as a screenshot of the iTunes folder via Finder?

If you haven’t already, I definitely recommend reading our iTunes documentation which goes over creating the iTunes XML file. Have you followed the steps outlined here but you’re still not seeing the iTunes XML file?

Followed steps to create iTunes XML file and still don’t see it.

I went back to iTunes screen via Finder and this now appears. There’s an XML file listing but ROON isn’t reading it.

Hi @Frank_Tooper,

Just to confirm, are your actual iTunes media files located within the iTunes Media folder? Based on the screenshot from Settings | Storage, Roon doesn’t seem to be finding any media here at all. Can you share a screenshot of the media files in Finder?

Also, I notice that you have both the Music Folder and iTunes Media folder enabled. Since the iTunes Media folder is already within the Music Folder, only the Music Folder selection is needed here.

So the problem is 99% of my music is not located in iTunes Media folder. There are only 9 recordings identified.

As mentioned previously, I followed directions to consolidate iTunes in the media folder and also generate an XML file. Clearly, I did something wrong.

Hi @Frank_Tooper,

Where is this music located on your drive? If you place the XML file in that location and add it as a watched folder in Roon does this work for you?

Everything is in the Music Folder, but no success. I give up. Thanks for trying to help.

Please delete this thread.

Hi @Frank_Tooper,

Apologies for the trouble here! I’m sure we could get things running here, so if you want to continue troubleshooting just let me know! A screenshot of your actual iTunes media files (actual music files) should help. I’ll unlist this thread for now, but please reach out if you’d like to continue!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.