Roon don't see Aries G2.1 in "Audio" section

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacOS 11.2.3 (on Macmini8,1 2018, 3,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB)
Roon version 1.8 (Build 778)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet (all devices on the same switch, Silent Angel)
All devices with Fixed IP

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Auralic Aries G2.1 (FW 7.3.1)

Description Of Issue

At this time, the Mac USB output is connected to Chord Hugo M Scaler and works very fine with Roon.

• I would like to connect the Aries G2.1 as endpoint with Roon
  • Aries G2.1 configuration : “Streamer Setup → Input Method” “Roon Ready” is ON
  • Roon : “Configuration → Audio”, no Aries output available.

I have tested many times, reboot all devices (Mac and Aries), but without any results.

Help will be appreciated
Thank you

Not familiar with this device, but often you need to select Roon Ready (or network) as the active input to make it work. This all depends on how the device is implemented.

I tested the Auralic Aries G2 a while back, and I think this device required the network input to be selected for it to be visible in Roon. My Trinnov Altitude32, Matrix Element X, SimAudio Moon MiND2 does not require this. It’s been a while since my testing of the G2, so I might remember this wrong?

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Indeed, after enabled “Roon Ready” into the Aries G2.1, a new input appears on the Config menu of DS Lightning: “Roon Ready”.
But no “Aries G2.1” in the “Audio” section of the Roon configuration.

Now, I understand:
The USB output of the Aries was disconnected because the cable was connected to the USB output of the Mac mini (directly to the input of the Chord M Scaler).
→ The Aries without any output configured is not visible for Roon!

It only remains to test the audio result with Roon as a streamer.

Now it works perfectly

Thanks a lot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.