Roon dropping volume to 20 on NAD T777

Core Machine (Roon optimized Core Kit Version 1.0 (build 183))
Intel NUC i7 / 16GB Ram / m2 250GB SSD OS / 2TB SSD (data) Roon Server Software version 1.7 (build 511)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquiti Unifi switch with CAD5 ethernet network cable and also Unifi HD AP

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

• NAD T777 with intergrated BlueOS (ethernet)
  • Pulse Flex 2i (WiFi)

Description Of Issue

I recently build a Roon Rock, to replace the Roon installation on my PC.

When I’m playing music, the music volume will drop to 20 after playing some time in the T777, while on the flex players (WiFi connected) the volume level keeps the same. This can be in the same song or later in another one.

When I change the volume back to like 35, again after a while it will drop back to 20.

I have disabled all Roon volume levelling options, despite the issue keep occurring.

I have set the volume limits to min30, and still it drops down to 20.
rest of the settings are default.

When using my PC as a roon core I don’t have this problem, so it looks like some how the Roon Rock is doing something with the volume control.

Hi @Eddy_Rutten,

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for the NAD?

Do you experience similar behavior when using BlueOS? Is the volume set to 20 in BlueOS?

Hi Dylan,

No I don’t have that behaviour in BluOS, also after a while the issue also stops occurring, without any changes. But will occur the next time I start playing music.

Hi @Eddy_Rutten,

Can you please reproduce this behavior once more and note the exact local time + date + track it next occurs on?

Afterwards, can you please access your Roon logs by using these instructions and your BluOS logs by using these instructions:

You can get these logs by navigating to Bluesound’s IP Address in a web browser -> Diagnostics -> More -> Copy+ paste the text into a text editor.

Please send both sets of logs via a shared Dropbox/Google Drive/Firefox Send link. Thanks!

Hi Noris,

I noticed that it only occured in the morning, between 07:00AM and 1:00 PM (GMT +1 time zone) In that time block there is a flow in my home automation active, which might interact with the NAD T777. I have disabled this flow, so I know more in 12h if this was the cause of the volume drop or not.

I’ll update this support ticket once I know, if needed I’ll send the requested logs.

Regards,
Eddy

Hi Norris,

It was indeed the home automation, the flow that was running was supposed to turn on my NAD T777 and start playing the current playlist, once the room got active. In the same flow there was a flag that would set the volume to 25% as that was the volume I was using with BluOS. (In Roon the volume scale is different than with BluOS)

However now I switched to Roon, that flow isn’t useful anymore, unless it would be possible to start playing music in Roon from the BluOS.

I can pause en skip a song in BluOS once Roon is playing, however I cant start playing the playlist once the T777 has been switched off even if it is turned on again. When using the Roon app, I can push the play button and the T777 would turn on and start playing.

Is it possible to control Roon (Rock in my case) so it starts playing from BluOS or with home automation other than R4 like IFTTT?

Kind regards,

Eddy

Hi @Eddy_Rutten,

ROCK doesn’t support Control4/Crestron, only Nucleus supports this, but if you’re looking for some kind of home automation with ROCK, perhaps you would be interested in using Deep Harmony?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.