Roon drops rooms when connecting to NAD CI580

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10/NUC8i7BEH 32GB RAM i7 4 core processor /Build 416 Stable 64 Bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200/Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD CI580 it is connected by ethernet to a switch everything is connected to this switch

Description Of Issue
I updated BluOS to 3.4.3 on the 3 NAD CI580’s and now it will just stop playing music in certain rooms. This happens consistently. The only way to fix is too reboot the NAD CI580. This issue occurs every time i play music. There was no issue before this update.

I have a NAD CI580 and bunch of NAD CI720s updated to the latest 3.4.3 version and have no problems of the sort you are having. So don’t think it’s the update…must be something else.

the NAD CI580 works fine. it is only the interaction with Roon and nothing has changed in the system other than that update. pretty sure the update is causing the issue

Ok, but I have no problems with my CI580 interacting with roon with 3.4.3. That was all I was saying.

I understand that but at least 1 other person on this forum is having the exact same issue and who knows if we have similar setups.

Hi @Jeremy_Shean,

Since updating the NAD devices have you tried rebooting them, your Core machine, and networking hardware? Is there any change after doing so?

How long will things play before things stop? Do you receive any errors?

Are you playing to these devices grouped or individually?

I have rebooted everything multiple times. After I reboot the NAD devices they work for a bit and then it will typically stop playing on one of the zones. This has typically occurred when I am running on multiple zones (I have 3 NAD CI580’s) and 1 zone drops. it can be a few minutes or a half hour to an hour. I dont receive any errors sound just stops coming out of the speakers and if I un group the zones and try to play music on that zone individually it won’t let me play it again until i reboot the NAD. If i go into the BluOS app it plays perfectly fine.

Hi @Jeremy_Shean,

Can I please ask you to reproduce this issue once more and note the exact local time + date in your country of when it occurs? E.g. 4:16PM on 5/28/19. After reproducing, would it also be possible for you to send us the BlueOS diagnostics?

You can get these logs by navigating to Bluesound’s IP Address in a web browser -> Diagnostics -> More -> Copy+ paste the text into a text editor and send it as a shared Dropbox/Google Drive/Firefox Send link.

Thanks,
Noris

I have the log from the first time it happened do you have an email address. I dont have those methods of sending.

What i have observed is that Roon does not see the node in the app when it stops working. I did separate 2 rooms though in the BluOs app and Roon saw one of the rooms after that but still couldn’t see the other unless I reboot the NAD CI580

Hi @Jeremy_Shean,

We handle all support communication right here on Community to ensure that our entire team has visibility into issues.

You can use send.firefox.com to upload the log file there and share it with me, you do not require an account to upload and you can customize the amount of time before the file auto-deletes (please leave for at least a few days).

What would be useful in addition here is the local time + date when you experienced this behavior so that we can check the diagnostics from your Core to see if there is perhaps any indication as to why this behavior occurs.

Also, have you by any chance been in touch with NAD regarding this behavior yet? Since this issue has occurred only after the firmware update their support team may also be interested in investigating this behavior further.

Thanks,
Noris

here is the link it can be dowloaded once.

it occured at ~9:13 today. All music stopped playing when i added the Master Bedroom to the group. I put both logs on here as the other 3 rooms were working when grouped together. in the log it will be at ~13:12:56 and you will see the log changes there.

I have spoken with NAD and they weren’t much help I will send them this updated log and see if this helps them to determine if the issue is on their end

It is the Kitchen zone that seems to be causing the issue this time. I ungrouped everything and can play music to each of the other zones (Dinning Room/Living Room and Master Bedroom) individually but I can’t play anything to the Kitchen even alone now. This is th eline I get in the log when I try to play to that zone:

Jun 1 13:52:56 (none) user.info ./ms.pl: main::HttpRequest ./ms.pl (1020) [1] 127.0.0.1: /Songs?length=1

I can play music fine from spotify or BluOS to that zone.

Hi @Jeremy_Shean,

Thanks for sending those logs over, I can confirm that I received them and have asked QA to take a look, but still the best analysis of this NAD zone will no doubt be from NAD themselves.

Since it appears that the kitchen zone is causing the issues, can you try to remove this from the equation for a few days and see if things are still stable that way?

– Noris

So I spoke to NAD several times and they seem to think it is a Roon issue since it runs fine through the BluOS app as well as spotify. I tend to agree given i have no issue other than in roon where it suddenly can’t see the particular node and then wont see it until it is rebooted.

Hi @Jeremy_Shean,

Thanks for letting me know. We are going to reach out to NAD to discuss this issue further, I will let you know once we have heard back.

– Noris

Great thanks.

Hi @Jeremy_Shean,

I wanted to update you here, we’ve been in touch with NAD and they have added this issue to their ticketing system.

I don’t have any other details except the above to share at this time, when we have any further news we will be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Noris

For what it’s worth, I have four 580’s and I am experiencing exactly the same issues. I’m about ready to pitch them.

Is there a answer to this I am having the same issues on 2 different CI-580s in two different locations.

Both are running nucleus+ and CI-580

I seem to have the issues of drop out only on the analog outputs but I am going to do more testing today.

Thanks
Thomas