Roon drops rooms when connecting to NAD CI580

Hi,

Have NAD/BluOs provided Roon with any further updates on this at all?

I am the client of Liam (see comment above) and Roon is unusable on the NADs still. No progress of any note on the NAD end since they identified the fault.

Its a real pain as Roon cannot be used now in most of my house , only in one dedicated room (not on NAD).

I do not think it should be Roon certified given the issue is confirmed by NAD with no solution forthcoming.

Regards,
Sean

Wow. I am glad I read this thread. I was thinking of using the CI580’s to start doing Roon installs instead of SONOS. I will hold off on that idea for now.

Hi @Sean_T,

Have you by any chance updated and tried the v3.10.x of BluOS firmware?
Is the behavior the same on the new firmware version if so?

Hi Noris,

Checked the day this came out . Unfortunately made no difference.

We still have all the same behaviour detailed by Liam_McLaughlin (the AV professional used for my build) and myself above.

Cheers
Sean

Hi @Sean_T,

It looks like there was a BluOS update released today, September 1st with version 3.10.3, have you check that one as well?

Hi @noris ,

Upgraded Bluos to 3.10.3 . Unfortunately the issue persists. Have you heard from BluOs/NAD that this was expected to fix the issue they have verified.

@Liam_McLaughlin , fyi

Best regards,
Sean

Hi @Sean_T,

Thanks for checking the latest version, and sorry to hear it hasn’t helped.
We’re still working with NAD on this issue, but nothing to announce at this time.

Hi @noris

Is the NAD ci580 going to lose its roon certification in the upcoming cleanse?

Or is something happening with NAD to ensure that these work consistently for all users?

There seems little progress since @Liam_McLaughlin and I raised this with NAD/Bluos well over a year ago.

Thanks in advance for clarification and progress update.

Sean

2 Likes

Hi @Sean_T,

No.

We are still actively working with NAD to investigate this issue at this time.

We have a job with two ci580 are going to have to remove them soon since roon and NAD ci580 are not working together. This is very upsetting and makes us question selling roon ready devices in the future.

4 Likes

Hello all,

We continue to investigate this issue with NAD, we hope to have an update to share soon.

-John

1 Like

I just came across this thread and can confirm that my CI580 stopped working correctly after a BluOS software update last year. I don’t get drops outs. In my case, if I play an album, the first song will not play. If I hit the skip forward button to go to song 2 on the album, it plays fine. I can then back up and the first song will then play. Of course, while this work around is useful for albums, it does nothing for playlists or Roon Radio. I have also opened multiple tickets with NAD and they have confirmed it as a bug (after suggesting a lot of worthless fix attempts for me to try). Like others, I am still waiting and the latest BluOS have done nothing to change this issue.

2 Likes

Why on earth would NAD CI 580s be certified Roon Ready. This undermines the cert entirely.

5 Likes

Hi John,

Is there any progress on this between Roon and NAD?

I am at the point of considering replacement of both my NADs which will incur significant expense due to the continued lack of being able to use with Roon (reason for purchase).

I have not had any further updates from NAD since they confirmed could replicate the problem and have support tickets from over a year ago.

Same here, no contact or updates available from NAD. They seem to have removed any mention of Roon capability from their website and they are now showing a CI 580 v2 on their website but no mention of what the upgrade is that I could see. There is new firmware out for all BluOS devices that supports Tidal Connect streaming directly from the Tidal app.

If you’re interested in a replacement, contact Andew at Small Green Computers. He is working on a 4 zone Roon certified endpoint that can also be a Roon Core and music store. I am on the list for one, although I don’t plan to use the Roon Core capability (already have an i9 optical Sonic Transporter for that). They are supposed to ship within a month.

1 Like

Hi all. This thread seems to have gone cold. Im a new CI580 owner and long time roon user. I have the same issues (dropouts etc). Any updates on the work between NAD and roon? I wish id seen this thread before i splashed out on the CI580

I got rid of my NAD and replaced it with one of these. Rock solid. https://whirlaudio.com/WhirlWind.html

Thanks karl. Unfortunately im in aus and cant see any distributer here. Ill probably just go back to wireless speakers.

Replaced the NADs as could not get them to work with Roon

Thanks sean. I’ll probably do the same. What did you move to for multi room audio?