Roon drops rooms when connecting to NAD CI580

Hi @noris ,

Upgraded Bluos to 3.10.3 . Unfortunately the issue persists. Have you heard from BluOs/NAD that this was expected to fix the issue they have verified.

@Liam_McLaughlin , fyi

Best regards,
Sean

Hi @Sean_T,

Thanks for checking the latest version, and sorry to hear it hasn’t helped.
We’re still working with NAD on this issue, but nothing to announce at this time.

Hi @noris

Is the NAD ci580 going to lose its roon certification in the upcoming cleanse?

Or is something happening with NAD to ensure that these work consistently for all users?

There seems little progress since @Liam_McLaughlin and I raised this with NAD/Bluos well over a year ago.

Thanks in advance for clarification and progress update.

Sean

2 Likes

Hi @Sean_T,

No.

We are still actively working with NAD to investigate this issue at this time.

We have a job with two ci580 are going to have to remove them soon since roon and NAD ci580 are not working together. This is very upsetting and makes us question selling roon ready devices in the future.

4 Likes

Hello all,

We continue to investigate this issue with NAD, we hope to have an update to share soon.

-John

1 Like

I just came across this thread and can confirm that my CI580 stopped working correctly after a BluOS software update last year. I don’t get drops outs. In my case, if I play an album, the first song will not play. If I hit the skip forward button to go to song 2 on the album, it plays fine. I can then back up and the first song will then play. Of course, while this work around is useful for albums, it does nothing for playlists or Roon Radio. I have also opened multiple tickets with NAD and they have confirmed it as a bug (after suggesting a lot of worthless fix attempts for me to try). Like others, I am still waiting and the latest BluOS have done nothing to change this issue.

2 Likes

Why on earth would NAD CI 580s be certified Roon Ready. This undermines the cert entirely.

5 Likes

Hi John,

Is there any progress on this between Roon and NAD?

I am at the point of considering replacement of both my NADs which will incur significant expense due to the continued lack of being able to use with Roon (reason for purchase).

I have not had any further updates from NAD since they confirmed could replicate the problem and have support tickets from over a year ago.

Same here, no contact or updates available from NAD. They seem to have removed any mention of Roon capability from their website and they are now showing a CI 580 v2 on their website but no mention of what the upgrade is that I could see. There is new firmware out for all BluOS devices that supports Tidal Connect streaming directly from the Tidal app.

If you’re interested in a replacement, contact Andew at Small Green Computers. He is working on a 4 zone Roon certified endpoint that can also be a Roon Core and music store. I am on the list for one, although I don’t plan to use the Roon Core capability (already have an i9 optical Sonic Transporter for that). They are supposed to ship within a month.

1 Like

Hi all. This thread seems to have gone cold. Im a new CI580 owner and long time roon user. I have the same issues (dropouts etc). Any updates on the work between NAD and roon? I wish id seen this thread before i splashed out on the CI580

I got rid of my NAD and replaced it with one of these. Rock solid. https://whirlaudio.com/WhirlWind.html

Thanks karl. Unfortunately im in aus and cant see any distributer here. Ill probably just go back to wireless speakers.

Replaced the NADs as could not get them to work with Roon

Thanks sean. I’ll probably do the same. What did you move to for multi room audio?

Went with multiple Node 2i’s . I already had one in another room so knew it worked well.

Very happy with them and work perfectly with Roon.

Just glad to be listening to music rather than getting annoyed with my system not working!

Wow, I wish I had seen this thread earlier.

I’ve been troubleshooting an installation with a Nucleus and two CI580’s that are showing very similar issues to the ones described here.

All Ubiquiti network gear, The Nucleus and the CI580’s connected gigabit through a UniFi switch with 1m ethernet patch leads, multicast enabled, etc, etc.

One thing I can add, is that when I take the Nucleus off the network, I see greatly reduced network traffic. I was seeing 30Mb/s going to the Roon port whilst attempting to stream TIDAL to a grouped NAD zone for some reason?

If these issues are ongoing after such time, why is the CI580 still Roon certified? I have a very unhappy client.

Is really the only fix to either replace the CI580’s, or ditch the Nucleus and run BlueSound?

1 Like

Hi James,

My AV professional and I tried to get this sorted over an 18 month plus period…we had multiple issues raised with NAD and continually went in circles…sending logs. Finally NAD stated they could replicate the error but since then have committed to nothing beyond looking into it…I lost patience with the process.

I think BluOs is OK (and I actually use TuneIn still on the Nodes for radio and podcasts) , but for me the key point of the install was full house integration and only a single library for music - I have a core system that is Meridian based so needed to all work together. Also had been with Roon for quite a time prior to this and had built up a library.

Worth noting that with the NADs using BluOs Tidal (and Spotify) worked seemlessly. Playing Tidal through Roon just would not work. Same thing with local library (played OK through BluOs - same tracks stopped when played through Roon)

1 Like

Worth noting that with the NADs using BluOs Tidal (and Spotify) worked seemlessly. Playing Tidal through Roon just would not work. Same thing with local library (played OK through BluOs - same tracks stopped when played through Roon)

This is the exact behavior I am seeing.

I’ve been doing a lot of headscratching. I didn’t install the system, I was brought in to fix it by referral. I started by upgrading the (consumer) network switch and running UniFi so I could at least properly see what was going on in the back-end.

So now, I either tell the client to just forget about Roon (they were a new user so not emotionally invested in the ecosystem) or that they have to replace their two CI580’s and buy 8 new endpoints.

Either way it is a disaster. Such a shame.

Yep…

My house was completely rewired , with ethernet update, and based on Unifi/Control 4 (GIGABIT switches etc), with the NADs next to the NUC and router/switch in a dedicated rack…

Another slightly strange side effect is when we switched out the NADs noticed that the volume had been very low (compared to the Nodes feeding the poweramps)…which probably should not have been the case…