Roon dsiable when starting to play from my bibliothek on disk

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core Musicserver connected via LWL on DAC.
One HDD for OS and programs, 5 TB SSD only for data.
WIN 10. Roon 1.7 / 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
FritzBox 7490, WLan to Core without problems.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Core connected via LWL to DAC (Accousence)

Description Of Issue

Since few days Roon disables when i start to play an album from my own bibliothek on SSD, sometimes it does it not.
Checkdisk occurs no problems.
JRiver plays the same titels (albums) without problems.

Hi, @Roland_Wolf, thanks for the report. Could you, please, clarify the following:

• You have a Roon Core and Roon Remote and when you try to play any album from your library on SSD app which is acting as a remote stops to work or Core stops to work?
  • Do you have any steaming service accounts enabled? Are you seeing the same problem in case playing a track from a streaming service?

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi Ivan,
all remotes (Windows Laptop and Android Smartphone) stops the playing.
The streaming service (Quobuz) is enabled and runs without problems.
Best regards
Roland

Hi Ivan,

more exactly:
The core is disabled when i use a remote also when i start the file(s) directly on core. After newstart the core the same problem exists also after newinstalling the core.

Hi Ivan,

now is has disabled the HDD and connected an USB-HD.
The same problem…

I hope to solve the problem:
I have removed the USB-HD and enabled the SSD-HD; then Roon has actualized the database (?), added new files (why?) and now it runs.
I`m wondering and would like to know what´s passed…
Best regards
Roland

Now i had one more time the same problem…!

After starting Roon has reorganized the database.
And then: After start to play the same file from HDD as yesterday evening Roon is disabled.
Has Roon a database problem?
It`s nervous.

At sunday evening i have restored the database.
Now Roon runs - till now…
I think it`s an bug by managing the database-files.
It is very strange when Roon turns off without error massage.

Please give me an feedback.

Best regards
Roland

Hello @Roland_Wolf,

Next time you have the issue, can you please note the exact local time + date + track of failure and then use these instructions to send us a log set for review? Any questions, just let us know!

Hello Noris,

I don`t have access to dropbox, please tell me a way to upload the file.

BG
Roland

I see: Only 3,5MB file. This is an email attachement. It`s a problem for you?

Hi @Roland_Wolf,

I’ve followed up via private message!

Hi Noris,

i`ve uploaded the file.
Thanks and a good new year for you and the team.
Roland

1 Like

Hello @Roland_Wolf,

Happy New Year! Thank you for sending the logs over and for your patience while we had a chance to review!

Looking over the log, it appears that Roon is scanning your entire /C/Users drive, including the Roon directory and this is causing issues.

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Storage tab? Please only have your music folder scanning on this page, not the entire drive or /Users/ directory.

Hi Noris,

here comes the sreenshot.

Best regards
Roland

1 Like

Hi @Roland_Wolf,

Thanks for the screenshot!

I would remove the second entry here, the one pointing to your User/Arfi folder.

You are having Roon scan this folder, but this is also where the Roon app install lives, so you are asking Roon to “scan it’s own program files” which is causing an issue.

I suggest you click the 3-dot menu next to the User location and remove this and then reboot the Core.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.