Roon Essentials (Elac Discovery) not streaming to KEF LSX over Airplay

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Elac Discovery music server ( Roon Essentials/ Firmware 1.3 (build 28) version 1.5 (build 49)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Virgin Media Hub 3.0/ Elac Discovery connected via 1000 Gb ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

KEF LSX connected to Virgin Media Hub 3.0 via ethernet. KEF speakers connected to each other via ethernet.

Description Of Issue

Greetings all,

My problem is streaming from Roon Essentials on an Elac Discovery music server to a pair of KEF LSXs via Airplay. Nothing is happening. The speakers appear in the Roon devices as connected. I am also connected to Tidal. When I try to play something, the moving levels appear beside the track suggesting its playing but there is no progress on the track bar, nor is there any sound. The play history in Roon has no entries, so it seems not to have registered as having being played.

I have searched previous ticket histories here and while there appears to have been some issues, it also seems that there is no issue with Airplay and Roon or with KEF LSXs in general, from what I can gather.

So, let me tell you what troubleshooting I have done:

• Elac firmware appears up to date, also KEF firmware
  • The network hub is fully up to date
  • All devices connected to the hub have been updated and also disconnected to test.
  • Previous hub connected Apple devices ( iPhone 7/ iPad/ Macbook Pro, all up to date and also
    all turned off to test.
  • Airplay checked from iPad direct to KEF, worked OK.
  • All other signals to KEF working ok.
  • All devices rebooted several times.

Checked all remote Essentials ( android/ IOS/ OSX ) uninstalled and re-installed. Made sure all remote devices were up to date.

That’s it. Not sure what else I can check. I am currently waiting for a phono cable to check signal from Elac analogue out to KEF, but don’t have as yet. I think everything looks ok on the Elac - not expecting any issues with the line outs.

Any help would be appreciated. I have attached a snapshot of my Roon audio settings.

Thanks!

Hello @Rory_O_Connor,

Roon Essentials and Roon are different products, and Essentials customers are entitled to direct support from Elac.

While we’re happy for both products to be discussed on Community, for Essentials support you will definitely want to contact Elac directly for any questions regarding Essentials capabilities.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.