Roon Essentials won't allow Tidal login - Bad username or password

It passes 3 days …! And it is not possible to Sign in in my Tidal Account !

User Name or PWD wrong!
It is Absolutely right : I can sign In with my data on the Tidal Website!

I reboot my Elac a million Times!
I Sign in and out in my Essential Account!
No Chance!
And yes…my Network and my Internet works fine :wink:

What s going on???

In the Forum I read there is a Problem between Elac, Tidal and Roon!!!

At the moment there iss a big Problem for THE USERS !!!

1 Like

I’ve tided some duplicates and merged then remaining cross postings to this topic so all the history is together.

For those that may have missed it … see Dylan’s post …

From what I understand, Tidal changed their login protocol and this messed up everything. I think if Tidal does not respond to the problem, we will have to wait. It is all on Tidal now.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Elac Discovery DS-S-101G
Roon Essentials on Elac Discovery v1.5
Iphone 8: v1.5
App firmware build v1.3 build 28

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear
gs105e

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

B&O, cd player / dac
digitale connected with Elac Discovery
connected with internet cable via netgear to the router

Tidal interference issue
Tidal is not being recognised
tried to solve it
used a different internet cable, no success…
Disconnected tidal service but reconnection failed
Tidal account with the Tidal app is still active and working, so my account is active…but not with Essentials…

Very annoying!
Others:
Text is in white letter instead of black

Is there any way to keep us updated? What’s going on? I have no music for like a week since Roon/Elac/Tidal is my only music source.

Hi @Ce_Gu,

We are still working with Elac on a solution. We cannot provide any timelines just yet, but we’ll be sure to keep everyone updated once more information is available.

Apologies for the ongoing trouble!

1 Like

If you are working with Elac, good luck to you and to us. They are a joke company when it comes to support. Looks like we will wait another week probably. Chris from Elac should not only promote his products but also improve Elac support. Selling a product is not everything.

1 Like

As a user I want to give constructive critism, but I doubt if you are aware that this is very annoying.
I cannot stream music from Tidal for days now, there is no alternative option like Spotify. Now listening to my very old CDs…
I am waiting passively, not proactively being informed, by Roon/ELAC or Tidal… Trying now and then to enter my credentials into the Tidal registration services, no luck sofar…

As a user I like to be informed and know when you expect this will be solved…
May be you can create an email list and inform us about the progress?
Regards
John

1 Like

I have same problem - sent my query to support today and then saw this.
I have also lost my ssd connection after rebooting everything and my ssd now doesn’t/ won’t recognise my DAC anymore - so can’t even play that at present.
I hope TIDAL offers a reduction in fees for this down time’
Either that or get rid of Elac and Tidal and try Spotify :worried:

1 Like

I don’t work for any company. I am just copy pasting what Elac told me.

Looks like the ball is in Roon’s court.

Elac’s quote:

The Tidal log-in issue requires Roon to update the Roon Essentials software. We are working with Roon to get this done as soon as possible.

1 Like

I am in the same situation. No TIDAL streaming since a few days … I hope it will be solved soon.
Roon Essentials on the Elac Discovery without any streaming service is not what we bought …
Arnd

1 Like

This is unconscionable. The country is in lockdown and a not inexpensive product AND SERVICE are not working in the manner we paid for— and while I understand that technical issues occur 48 hours should be the max to resolve an update glitch. This was not a glitch. Essentials users were ignored. Elac needs to tell Roon to offer us an upgrade to full Roon for $99 and we can get beyond this mess and never have to be the red headed stepchild again.

1 Like

Oh boy… Roon never seemed to care a lot to update Roon Essentials. (Radio function for example working terrible compared to Tidal app) Hopefully they can solve this soon, now about 1 week since not working anymory.

1 Like

I was actually able to get a hold of ELAC regarding the TIDAL log-in issue.

This is what ELAC says, as of 04 June 2020:

Hopefully this is correct. Nonetheless, this is WAY too long for this problem to be resolved.

2 Likes

Yes. This is also what Elac told me. Let’s cross our fingers. We need luck because we’re talking about an incompetent company, Elac, here.

We are in internal testing now with the fix and update to ROON Essentials. If all goes well we hope to release it early next week.

1 Like

Maybe Roon could also fix the search function on the essentials app?

1 Like

I have a problem with Roon - I have Roon embedded on my Elac Discovery Server with a 30,000 track limit.
But I had troubles streaming Tidal through the Elac - apparently an issue with a software update from Tidal.
I did not know this initially and after trying to follow support forums - updating/clearing cache rebooting/resetting lost the lot!
Now I can no longer access my initial Roon software - which comes with the Elac - if I try to login/on - I am told to buy or get a trial - how to get back my original settings?
Te NAS disappeared when I went to reset/update everything now I can’t add my NAS drive anymore where before I lost the subscription I could at least use that with Roon.
HELP - what is there to return to the old days??

1 Like

It looks like Elac and Roon had a plan.

Elac- Hey Roon, do you want to make easy money?

Roon- Sure, how?

Elac- We will include a limited lifetime version of Roon in our new streamer and will give you a share of our profit.

Roon- Sounds good. What’s the plan?

Elac-We will tell our customers you will get a lifetime Roon called Essentials. This way you don’t need to spend $600 on Roon. WE WILL
STOP SUPPORTING ROON ESSENTIALS AFTER SOMETIME AND LEAVE THE DISCOVERY OWNERS WITH A $1000 DOORSTOPPER.

Roon- Sounds good! THIS WAY THEY WILL HAVE AN EXPENSIVE DOORSTOPPER AND MAY BUY OUR SOFTWARE AT A FULL PRICE. WORTH A SHOT! AND WE CAN EVEN PROMOTE THIS AS SOMETHING NEW WITH OTHER MANUFACTURERS BUT ACTUALLY ONLY DO IT WITH YOU, ELAC.

Elac- So, deal?

Roon- Deal! Let’s go!

3 Likes

@dylan
Thank you Dylan for not hiding/removing my post since someone flagged it as inappropriate without understanding what I am trying to say. Great judgement by you👍🏼

Ever since the 29th of May it has been impossible to sign into my Tidal acc via the Roon interface on the Elac. 11 days without music. It is way to long to resolve this problem.
At the same time you could resolve the problem with the Roon Essential loosing connection to WiFi way before any other app. It just not up to moderne standard. You should offer a Roon lifetime subscription at a very reduced price since the Essential is clearly not working in a satisfactory way. Right now my Tidal Hi-fi subscription is just money down the drain.