I have written to RTE requesting a real-time metadata feed of what is being played on RTE LyricFM, let’s see if I get a response.
Update March 22nd, 2022
- ADDED Mother EarthRadio - Klassik (FLAC)
- ADDED Mother EarthRadio - Instrumental (FLAC)
- BUG investigation : RTE stations take minutes to update… Some funky cache stuff happening, will keep looking for the solution…
Hi, There is still an issue with the Program name not updating on RTE LyricFM.
Listening to the station this morning, and the program changes at 1pm IST, but the displayed metadata didn’t change until I stopped and restarted the stream.
Updates are actually unexpectedly slow. On the example below, it can take up to 11 mn (RTE Gold), and 1-2 minutes for the others (time in this table is UTC).
I keep investigating, RTE is the only channel showing this behaviour…
Ok, thanks for the update
Update April 5th, 2022
- Added OUI FM
- Added BBC Radio 1 Relax
- Added ZAP! FM (FLAC)
- Added Radio Bias (FLAC)
Update April 19th, 2022
- Fixed CRo Wave (FLAC)
- Added new 256kbps AAC streams + metadata service for Radio Nova, Radio Nova Danse, Nova Classics, Nova la nuit and Nouvo Nova
- Improved HTML chars handling
Total stations: 105
Update May 8th, 2022
- Added/Fixed Danish Radio DR P1, DR P2, DR P3, DR P6 Beat and DR P8 Jazz [metadata were natively available but in an unusual format preventing Roon from identifying artist, track and album]
Total stations 109
Update May 16h, 2022
- Added Radio Haugeland, Norway (FLAC) - thanks @BrianW
- Removed Rondo Classic - Klasu Pro, the station has been off air for weeks
Total stations 109
Just wondering if BBC Radio 3 is on the list
When I search for “Metadata Service” I only see 50 stations of which only 8 are BBC and Radio 3 is not one of them
BBC Radio 3 is on the list of course and is flagged “Metadata Service”.
The problem is that Roon search is limited to 50 results maximum and there are 109 stations with this flag…
You can see the full list of stations here at the bottom of this page:
For BBC here there are:
Update May 30th, 2022
- Added Joy Hits, UK (FLAC) - thanks @BrianW
Total stations 110
Update June 9, 2022
- Added Radio Classic - Klasu [Classical, Finland, FLAC]
Update June 15, 2022
- Added ABC Double J, ABC Triple J, ABC Triple J Unearthed [AAC, MP3, Australia]
- Klasu and Klasu Pro down for the moment
Total stations : 115
Update Sept 9th, 2022
- Added MaXXima [FLAC, Electro, Switzerland] thank you @BrianW
- Klasu and Klasu Pro are back!
- Improved robustness of automated sync with Roon backends, than you @nathan
Total stations : 116
Update Sept 14th, 2022
- Added FIP Metal [Metal, France, AAC 192kbps]
- Added FIP Hip-Hop [Hip-Hop, France, AAC 192kbps]
Total stations : 118
It seems RTE has added some additional ‘what’s being broadcast’ information to their smartphone apps. This includes per track information and even some album artwork for the track being played (on RTE Lyric FM)
@Peter_Whisker Has managed to Wireshark the feed to the Android app, and with some guesswork has extracted some JSON formats for the ‘onair’ details.
Can you see whether this information could be incorporated to the feed information for these channels?
@simon_pepper Thanks for the links I will take care next week, no computer on holidays
@simon_pepper please check implementation for:
- Radio 1
- Lyric FM
Do you also have links for RTE Radio 1 XTRA, RTE jr, RTE 2XM, RTE Pulse ?
Fantastic, initial look and comparison with the iOS App is the API is in fact providing more Track, Artist & Album information that the App is showing, which is great.
You couldn’t still show the program name or is the space available for the metadata limited?
Also the App seems to have Album Artwork images, can those be shown?
In terms of testing, will now monitor over the next week or so.
And I imagine @Peter_Whisker will do so as well.
Will see if the JSON format extends for the other stations.
But many thanks for this, great job.