Roon.exe Stopped Interacting with Windows

Core Machine (Windows 10/Build 1903 with 32 GB dram and Intel i7-8700K/Roon build 537)

All wired Ethernet with no problems found on Firewalls which is Bit Defender. Turning offFirewall does not fix the issues. I have tested this by uninstalling Roon on my PC, reinstalling it again, and it then runs fine until it fails again.

TEXT GOES HERE

I have no problem with any audio devices, I can still run Roon from my NUC using Android or iOS devices to all my end points.

Description Of Issue

For some time I have seen Roon failing to start after one or two days. I have looked at Event Logs and found I needed to refer to Control Panel -> Security and Maintenance. Here I found this report regarding Roon.exe stopped responding:

“The program Roon.exe version 1.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: c59c
Start Time: 01d61e8119c982ac
Termination Time: 5
Application Path: C:\Users\Patrick\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\Roon.exe
Report Id: b49a8514-3b82-47da-af9f-ded66f406ab3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown”

Regards Patrick

Hi @Patrick_Phillips,

How did you uninstall and reinstall Roon? The proper way is to set the old install aside:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location on the problematic PC
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

nori,
Thank you for responding. I have taken your advise and reinstalled Roon from today’s download. I will now test for the next few days to check that the problem does not return.

Regards Patrick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.