Roon Experience

Hello Fellow Roon Users,

I have now used Roon since early July 2021. I must say this is one product that bears out the adage: “You get what you pay for.” Thus far, I have experienced no sustained technical issues or functional dysfunction. The CD copying tool is really cool. With a USB SuperDrive connected to my Nucleus, I copied 50 CDs in FLAC format in around 5-7 hours over a two day span. Awesome! Tidal works seamlessly, as do my Devialet Phantom speakers. The Audeze presets are incredible. They make my LCD XC and X a delight to listen to. I’m sure I have only scratched the surface of this remarkable product. Looking forward to any user tips that the community would care to share.

12 Likes

Welcome on board David and enjoy the ride :beers:

2 Likes

When Roon is good it is indeed VERY good!
I am in the same fortunate boat of having had a blessed journey for just about 15 months now.
Welcome to Roonworld and enjoy!

1 Like

Welcome to the Roon family. I have always loved listening to music but after getting into Roon, listening to music risen up to another level and got to be more enjoyable than ever before!!

3 Likes

It’s nice to start without technical problems, welcome. We wish that with much support to all who start.

1 Like

Thanks, RBO. I am enjoying the ride thus far.

Thanks, Kevin. It’s good to hear that your experience is good to-date.

1 Like

Indeed, Enrico, music listening has gone to a new level. The genre function has led me down a path of constant discovery, thus far. I really love the collaborators’ feature.

1 Like

Hey Uwe,
Yes, not having technical issues with a product like this is helpful.

i, too, have had blessedly few tech issues; i have several nodes of very high quality gear (lumin/chord) all the way down to a HomePod in the garage - by and large the experience has been great. wonderful to have the SQ and the metadata at your fingertips - i have honestly learned so much about my music just by being able to peruse album/artist bios, histories, credits… like the old days of lounging all afternoon on the carpet with a pile of LP liner notes and robert christgau books… here’s hoping to years more of roon, onward and upward!

1 Like

Thanks, Dtich.
What types of music do you enjoy? Are you a speakers or a headphone guy, or both?

Sounds like you are Roon Ready! Cheers!

3 Likes

Your handle is very clever. Thanks for the welcome and happy listening.

1 Like

hey david, i enjoy lots really. lizzo to django, partitas to murder ballads. i listen on some lcd 4s or sennheiser/akgs sometimes but mainly on speaks. have dynaudio, proac, thiel… some devore gibbons coming in. i love sound and music. i do a lot of sound work in the film industry as well, so scores and effects, too. have had my music library digitized for many years, but roon is really making me feel the joy of music listening and exploration i haven’t really felt since the first iPods changed my listening habits (listened to a lot more a lot more often, it put it literally at your fingertips)… this morning (since i mentioned it above) i’m blasting lizzo on the dynaudio system :smiley: smiles on the face. how about you?

Hey Dtich,

Your gig sounds awesome! The iPod way back when was a game changer for me too. It definitely revolutionized the way I looked at music. Since discovering FLAC, etc., I’ve been digital only too. I’m using Devialet Phantom II speakers, LCD XC, LCD X and Focal Celestee. My stack is a Topping D90SE/A90. How do you like the LCD 4? I am very interested in that model. Audeze makes a great product and provides quality support. While I don’t own any DCA products, when I was considering purchasing one of their headphones, they were also responsive. You should check out the Dee Gees by the Foo Fighters, awesome!

Oh, yeah, loving Grace Jones right now, too.

OH WOW, I haven’t listened to Grace Jones since 1984 LOL.

She still sounds amazing.

I also really enjoy using Roon, expanding my musical knowledge and experiencing so much new music with Tidal.

I do really miss having the ratings on in the discography, it really helped in trying out new artists with large catalogs. I hope that is restored soon.

The ratings are there , not sure what your referring to.

1 Like