Roon Extension: Alarm Clock v0.9.1 (current)

Thanks. The extension hasn’t crashed in a day, so the update process seems to have fixed the problem.

1 Like

Thanks Jan that did the trick…have bookmarked the page on my windows system this time too - for those that want a results of the install script detail…

Just installed the extension and doing a first trial and I encounter a ‘Wintertime’ issue.

I’m running Roon on QNAP. The time indicated on the QNAP itself is correct.
However the Alarm starts 1 hour later than requested in the alarm.

Where does the extension get its time info from?

Are you running the Docker image of the Extension Manager in QNAP ContainerStation?

If you do so, it is important that you set the correct timezone for the container by setting the TZ environment variable. More information about getting the settings right is in this thread:

My bad. My core is on QNAP, but I have in between dietpi endpoints where I installed the extension manager and the alarm clock extension and this dietpi had the wrong time.

1 Like

Alarm Clock v0.7.0 is now available

This version includes source selection for Play alarms!

You can read more about it in the feature thread:

I hope you like it, suggestions are welcome.

How to install / update

The recommended way to install or update is via the Roon Extension Manager .

If the manager has auto update enabled then the changes will be pulled in the next time the update is performed. It is also possible to update manually via the Settings dialog, select the Alarm Clock from the Playback category and perform the update action.

7 Likes

Many thanks Jan! You nailed it!

2 Likes

Mad props to @Jan_Koudijs

for this update!

Works like a charm

2 Likes

Alarm Clock v0.7.4 is now available

This is a bug fix release.

The bug that is fixed is the one reported by @Bart_Maguire in this thread:

How to install / update

The recommended way to install or update is via the Roon Extension Manager .

If the manager has auto update enabled then the changes will be pulled in the next time the update is performed. It is also possible to update manually via the Settings dialog, select the Alarm Clock from the Playback category and perform the update action.

1 Like

Hi @Adam_Goodfellow - I get the “this.moo.close()” error using a different extension. I think I have the latest version of the extension installed. I think it happens when I haven’t been using Roon for a while; though I can’t reproduce it by putting the computer to sleep. Can you offer any insights what the error might mean?

Thank you for your work on this!

I have installed and I can set alarms. I am trying a simple, instant shut off. All looks ok, but the player doesn’t shut off. I have selected the correct zone, etc. I do have TZ variable set.

Perhaps it is my setup. I have Roon core on a SonicTransporter and have installed Alarm Clock on my Synology NAS via Docker. I use an Android Tablet for control. Does Alarm Clock have to be installed on the same device as the core, by any chance? If so, is it possible to install on the SonicTransporter (Sonicorbiter OS - a Linux variant)?

No, it doesn’t.

In my case, the problems I had having music turn off were related (it seems) to network issues. Essentially, once I wired every node my problems largely went away.

Can you post a screenshot of the configured alarm?

Will do tonight, after work. Thanks for the reply!

Thanks. All is wired with the exception of the tablet that has the control app.

Here it is:

I went into settings => extensions last night and it was empty. Logged into NAS and found Docker running but needing an update. Updated, set the alarm you see. Waited a minute past the set time with music not stopping.

Hopefully the extension disappearing was an anomaly.

Did the time that was displayed in the status line of the extension after pressing the Save button match the 07:13 setting?

Can you check the log of the container for errors? If you can upload it somewhere then I will have a look.

Following up a remark by @Anthony_Cimino I found out about this strange behaviour:
grafik

grafik
Core running on a QNAP-NAS with proper time-zone setup; Extension is running in a Docker image on Core with time-zone information set; Roon Remote is on Windows.

Alarm goes off at the Time (15:55) in the status line. My TZ is GMT +1.

Hi Jan,

Sent a link to the log file by PM.

The times you asked about did match. Something funny with time though. If I choose “once” the result is Wed (tomorrow) instead of today.

I tried two containers for TZ setting. One with “Alaska”, the other with " UTC−09:00". Didn’t work either way. You may see one alarm with 06:42 instead of 18:42 in the log. I realized and tried again with the right time.

I hope using “Alaska” as TZ is good, particularly if it automatically accounts for DST time changes.

Thanks for taking a look! …Pete

If you open a console on the container and enter the date command, do you get the expected time?

I don’t know if a console is available via the QNAP interface. If you have an ssh connection then you can use a command like this:

docker exec -it roon-extension-alarm-clock sh
1 Like