Will do tonight, after work. Thanks for the reply!
Thanks. All is wired with the exception of the tablet that has the control app.
Here it is:
I went into settings => extensions last night and it was empty. Logged into NAS and found Docker running but needing an update. Updated, set the alarm you see. Waited a minute past the set time with music not stopping.
Hopefully the extension disappearing was an anomaly.
Did the time that was displayed in the status line of the extension after pressing the Save button match the 07:13 setting?
Can you check the log of the container for errors? If you can upload it somewhere then I will have a look.
Core running on a QNAP-NAS with proper time-zone setup; Extension is running in a Docker image on Core with time-zone information set; Roon Remote is on Windows.
Alarm goes off at the Time (15:55) in the status line. My TZ is GMT +1.
Sent a link to the log file by PM.
The times you asked about did match. Something funny with time though. If I choose “once” the result is Wed (tomorrow) instead of today.
I tried two containers for TZ setting. One with “Alaska”, the other with " UTC−09:00". Didn’t work either way. You may see one alarm with 06:42 instead of 18:42 in the log. I realized and tried again with the right time.
I hope using “Alaska” as TZ is good, particularly if it automatically accounts for DST time changes.
Thanks for taking a look! …Pete
If you open a console on the container and enter the
date command, do you get the expected time?
I don’t know if a console is available via the QNAP interface. If you have an ssh connection then you can use a command like this:
docker exec -it roon-extension-alarm-clock sh
~/.RoonExtensions/lib # date Wed Mar 13 16:55:06 GMT 2019
Which is correct (GMT time) but not my local time.
It seemed that my image was outdated. I deleted my old Docker container, pulled a new image and setup a new container. I also updated my Docker Compose configuration in the other thread. Now all works as expected.
There was a timezone bug fixed in version 0.3.2 of the Extension Manager image, so if you were running an older version then that explains.
It was 5 or 6 months old. By choosing the
:latest label I assumed that Docker would somehow update the image if not while running so at least on restarts. Apparently I was wrong.