Roon Extension: Alarm Clock v0.9.1 (current)

Hi Jan,

Great extension! Having some time zone issues though. echo $TZ outputs correctly (America/Toronto) in both my Roon and Extension Manager docker containers but TZ is empty in sudo docker exec -it roon-extension-alarm-clock /bin/sh. I verified the correct group_add and docker socket in my compose file. Anything else I should check?

Thanks!

Hi @Tyler_Ball,

If you open the Alarm Clock entry in the Extension Manager and select the Update action is the correct Time Zone then shown? If not you can fill in the correct one and perform the update. This will create a new container with the TZ variable set.

I had to futz around with uninstalling to get the time zone field to show up but got it sorted. Thanks a lot!

Seems I have 2 instances of Alarm Clock running: v0.9.0 and v0.9.1:

How do I get rid of the older version?

Alarms set on the new version do not work, and alarms set on the old version start playback at unwanted times.

1 Like

Hi @Jan_Koudijs,
How can I remove version 0.9.0 of Alarm Clock?

Iā€™m planning to re-install the current verion of Alarm Clock when the old version has been removed.

Best regards

Are you running the Alarm Clock via RoPieee? If so, this can be turned off on the Advanced tab of the web gui of your RoPieee device.

That is a different alarm clock ā€¦

Hi @seagull,

To track down where the second instance is running please stop the Alarm Clock via the Extension Manager and see if v0.9.1 disappears. If version v0.9.0 remains online, this is probably running on a different device. This can be an old install on e.g. a Windows PC but can, as @Nathan_Wilkes suggested, also be running on your RoPieee device. RoPieee is running the same Alarm Clock extension but might use an older version. After v0.9.0 is stopped version v0.9.1 can be started again.

Yep, thatā€™s correct Jan. Somehow I missed the .1 version.
This will be resolved in the next release.

@seagull pretty sure this is the reason. Just disable the Alarm clock extension in RoPieee and itā€™s gone.

Thanks

1 Like

I have 2 Ropiees in use, but both were freshly reflased so I dont think Alarm Clock is running on them.
Currently I have a network issue, so I cannot log in to 1 of the Ropiees. Bad connector or bad cable I think. I need to investigate.
The 0.9.0 version is not showing in Roon currently.

@Jan_Koudijs is there a way to delete all Alarm Clock settings?
When I uninstall and then reinstall, all old alarms pop up.
I would like to start from scratch as the radio stations I want to start give an error:

Restored the network connection to the 2nd Ropieee and deactivated Alarm Clock in Ropieee.
Alarm Clock v0.9.0 has gone. :+1:

1 Like

This can only be done via a backdoor. It really sets you back to the point of a first install, meaning that the extension must be enabled again in Roon. These instructions are specific to a DietPi install!

• Stop the Alarm Clock via the Extension Manager
  • Run the following command on a DietPi console (e.g. via ssh)
    echo {} > /mnt/dietpi_userdata/docker-data/volumes/rem_data/_data/binds/roon-extension-alarm-clock/usr/src/app/config.json
  • Start the Alarm Clock via the Extension Manager
1 Like

New user to the Alarm Clock (0.9.1), which is really handy - thanks! However, just wondering if the profile feature is working for others as I assumed it should? Iā€™ve setup a weekday alarm to play a playlist (which contains only 1 track), against a particular profile. However, the history shows it as always playing against my profile, not the one selected. Am I missing something or is this a glitch? Thanks :grinning:

Edit: Should mention Iā€™m on Early Access B1280 client and core.

I think this is a bug in the Roon API. There might be a way to work around it but that needs further investigation.

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look at this!

@Jan_Koudijs donā€™t suppose you ever had a chance to look at this? I fear my Roon recommendations are going to be forever tainted by the kidsā€™ alarm music :joy:

No, specifically for the Alarm Clock I havenā€™t looked at it yet, but for my new Roon TUI project I ran into the same problem again and today proved that the workaround actually works. I will see that I give the Alarm Clock some attention in the coming weeks in order to apply that same workaround.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks so much for that, will be much appreciated when you get a chance!

Thank you so much @Jan_Koudijs

Thatā€™s great you are good at coding and share the result providing clear instructions on how to install so that someone non-expert like me can benefit from your work.

Many thanks!

Hi @Jan_Koudijs - I think there may be some difficulties with the recent playlist changes and the Alarm Clock extension. Running B1379 EA (and also on the previous builds with these changes) Iā€™ve found that only the streaming service playlists seem to be available. With various reboots of both Roon server and the extension host this limited subset now seems to persist (there was a period where reboots seemed to result in different lists!).

Just wondering if this is a general problem, and on your radar, or some sort of issue with my setup? To demonstrate, just create a new playlist and try to locate it in the extension.

Thanks for your time.