Roon Extension and Android App: it'roXs!

Sure, no problem!
Have a look at https://materialdesignicons.com/ or https://material.io/resources/icons/?style=baseline for example. Are there any icons that meet your expectations?

I will have a look, thanks.

Weekend and Kitchen icons should be fine from material.io I think.

Cheers

Next update will include these icons!
icons

Anybody else any icon suggestions?

1 Like

Thanks Boris.

Good morning!

New update is available: App v1.09 with some new icons and I also started with some basic library functionality. For this you also have to update the extension to v1.0.7 (if not already done):

For now, it is limited to radio and playlists. Please note: The internet radio list probably shows too many entries. This is due to a Roon bug:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/api-browse-internet-radio-returns-recently-played/116578
This will hopefully be fixed by Roon, if not I have to think about some workaround…

Have fun! :beers:

1 Like

Thanks @Boris_Schaedler amazing.

Thanks @Boris_Schaedler, I hope more people have bought you some beer for your excellent work on this.
It has become my standard way of controlling Roon once I have selected my music

Regards

Mike

Regarding the beer… if I can rely on the Google statistics, less than 10% of the currently active users have pressed the donate button so far. That’s not much…

I’m happy about that. The aim of my app is to have to use the Roon app as little as possible, it is so complicated and annoying here and there. Roon could improve their app with quite little effort, sometimes it is just about little details, that make users happy or not… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Boris it certainly lives up to it on its design goals and is very compact and fast compared to starting Roon.
I never had an issue using Roon until I started using it’roxs then everything felt faster and smoother.
Roon is great for finding and playing Music

Hopefully more user’s will donate to you as it’s usage expands. Though based on what I read 10% is way above average.

Regards

Mike

@Boris_Schaedler I am getting issues with the app just closing down when in the background and not been used for a while. For instance I was using it last night and then went to bed. Did not close app and the endpoint is on all the time . Wake up this morning and itRox is not running.

Does this happen regularly? You probably already did, but please make sure you disabled all settings preventing the app from being executed in the background, like battery optimization and other vendor specific settings (put the app on a whitelist if possible).
The app ‘closes down’ when the connection to the extension is lost (any network issues?). It tries to reconnect of course, but this could take some time depending on how long the disconnection lasted.
Please send me a debug log when it happens again directly after you noticed this issue! Thank you!

Ok will do. I’ll check battery optimisation to.

Could roaming to different access points cause it to drop network connection do you think. I don’t notice it loose it but perhaps app is more sensitive? I have 3 around the house and moved from downstairs to upstairs in last nights example.

Shouldn’t be a problem, app will directly reconnect as soon as WiFi is available again. Just send me debug logs if you encounter issues like this. This is the best way to get an idea of what happens :slight_smile:

Hi @Boris_Schaedler.
I tested the app for weeks and it worked excellently, my Core was a laptop Windows 10 but 2 weeks ago I bought a NUC8i7 and installed ROCK and since then I can’t use it. Any recommendation?

You need to run the Roon extensions on a different computer on the same network. You can use a RPi.

1 Like

Hi @Rugby , The extensions are on the laptop, the IP I use in the app is the ROCK. Right??

Hi @Alejandro_Leiva
The app connects to the extension, so you have to specify the IP of the machine where you are running the extension, your laptop!

@Boris_Schaedler,If I use RPi, what do you recommend Dietpi, Ropiee or someone else?