Roon Extension: Deep Harmony - rich feature set for Logitech Harmony

Try making it executable:

chmod u+x ./roon-extension-deep-harmony/run.sh

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve tried that I I get the same error. Doh! I really want to use this extension!

My mac unfortunately is an early 2011 MBP 17 which Apple have decided not to support with this OS release which is annoying as otherwise it still remains a decent laptop. End result I am unable to test on the latest macOS.

I suspect the problem is down to security settings in macOS which I know were changed in Catalina. It may be specifically the access rights associated with the terminal application. You made need to grant it full access to the folder from which you are running the extension.

Thanks Adam, I did grant disk access to terminal as well and that did not do the trick either… Unfortunately, I’m not sure what else do.

Sorry, I have had the same issue to overcome and forgot that you need to make both the start script and Deep Harmony executable. So:

chmod u+x ./roon-extension-deep-harmony-v2.6.4.367-macos-x64/run.sh
chmod u+x ./roon-extension-deep-harmony-v2.6.4.367-macos-x64/roon-extension-deep-harmony

Then follow standard launch procedure (cd into directory, run.sh). You will get a prompt then to move the program to the trash as it is from an unidentified developer. Go back to the terminal window and hit ctrl+c to stop the process, then you can dismiss the warning window. Launch System Preferences and go to Security & Privacy. Hit the button that says Allow Anyway, and then go back to the terminal and run.sh again.

Thank you!!! That did the trick…

OK - that is odd - what did you use to unpack the zip?

Just the inbuilt unpacked in MacOS (10.15.4).

This extension looks really promising, but I’m stuck at the “awaiting harmony” step during setup. I’m running the core and the extension in an Arch virtual machine, with a Harmony Elite remote and hub.

Troubleshooting so far: I can see discovery packets broadcast to 192.168.32.255 port 5224, but nothing ever comes back. I can ping the harmony hub from the roon VM. If I use the “switch hubs” option in the harmony android app, I can see my phone broadcasting discovery packets to both 255.255.255.255 and 192.168.32.255, and the app sees the hub just fine.

My roon VM is connected to two VLANs, but this doesn’t seem to be a factor. I see the extension attempting discovery on both networks.

Really hoping to get this extension working. Harmony integration would be a fantastic improvement to my setup! But for now, I’m stuck.

Have you tried power cycling the harmony hub?

Also you may not see anything depending on physical interface you are running a network monitor on and how extension host is connected.

Yup, power cycling the hub didn’t help.

You mean virtual box on Arch Linux?

I have absolutely no idea of correct network setup for that, however I guess there is some kind of equivalent host network mode. While it looks like it is on the right network if you are seeing the network directed broadcasts on your lan, I have no idea if anything within (port blocking?) might be getting in the way.

The only Linux I have ever tested this on are various builds of Debian (which is what its docker image is).

Thanks for the reply. I ran some tests on a machine with a simpler network configuration, and the problem seems to be on the Harmony side. It won’t respond to various permutations of manually crafted UDP packets, and I had no luck pulling and running the maddox/harmony-api server from github either. I’ll keep digging, but for better or worse, it looks like this isn’t a problem with the extension.

Ill PM you my email address so you can send me the extension logs if you like in case that reveals anything of use.

Well, it was my own fault. My access point had a broadcast filtering option on that I swear I had disabled previously. It works!

1 Like

First off, Deep Harmony has been a great addition to my setup. Recently, perhaps with the release of Roon 1.7 (571), the extension frequently loses connect to the hub. My Harmony remote works without issue, so I do not believe it is Wifi connection issue. I get this socket error when the extension is reestablishing the connection:
call roon-extension-deep-harmony.exe
roon-extension-deep-harmony:app *** Starting roon-extension-deep-harmony v2.6.4+367 (14-Apr-2020,15:16:10+0000) on windows-x64 +0ms
roon-extension-deep-harmony:memory Memory usage - resident set size: 40MB, heap used: 17MB, heap total: 33MB, external: 1MB +0ms
roon-extension-deep-harmony:app RoonIpCheck - IP address is 192.168.1.97 +46ms
roon-extension-deep-harmony:harmony-network send broadcast 192.168.1.255 _logitech-reverse-bonjour._tcp.local. 50001 192.168.1.97 +0ms
roon-extension-deep-harmony:settings RoonSettings - Shared settings initialized +0ms
roon-extension-deep-harmony:settings RoonSettings - remove invalid keys +1ms
roon-extension-deep-harmony:settings RoonSettings - load {“seekAmount”:30,“remoteRepeatTime”:600,“remoteLongPress”:4,“latestCheckInterval”:3600,“logLevel”:“extension-essential”,“allowPrerelease”:false,“restartMemoryMB”:100,“restartTime”:“04:00”,“harmonyCommandBlockTime”:250,“harmonyCommandTime”:250} +0ms
roon-extension-deep-harmony:status RoonStatus - update status: Initializing +0ms
roon-extension-deep-harmony:http-server HttpServer [9080] - Started +0ms

*** Uncaught Exception:
*** Code: ERR_SOCKET_CANNOT_SEND
*** Stack: Error [ERR_SOCKET_CANNOT_SEND]: Unable to send data
at Socket.onListenError (dgram.js:377:22)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:273:13)
at Socket.emit (events.js:182:13)
at _handle.lookup (dgram.js:283:14)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
“roon-extension-deep-harmony terminated with exit code 2 Restarting…”

Not sure how to troubleshoot. ??

Hi,
I am very excited about this Extension! But I am having a problem getting it working.
Running the Windows 10 console version, and it shows up fine in Roon but
the status is always ‘Awaiting Harmony’

at the end of logs in sitting in a loop logs these for lines:
[20200626-004324.121]: e[31;1mroon-extension-deep-harmony:memory e[0mMemory usage - resident set size: 38MB, heap used: 15MB, heap total: 19MB, external: 0MB e[31m+5se[0m
[20200626-004329.122]: e[31;1mroon-extension-deep-harmony:memory e[0mMemory usage - resident set size: 38MB, heap used: 15MB, heap total: 19MB, external: 0MB e[31m+5se[0m
[20200626-004329.576]: e[32;1mroon-extension-deep-harmony:harmony-network e[0msend broadcast 192.168.1.255 _logitech-reverse-bonjour._tcp.local. 50001 192.168.1.42 e[32m+10se[0m
[20200626-004329.576]: e[32;1mroon-extension-deep-harmony:harmony-network e[0msend broadcast 192.168.56.255 _logitech-reverse-bonjour._tcp.local. 50001 192.168.56.1 e[32m+2mse[0m

192.168.1.42 is the machine the entension is running on.
Do I need to open any ports of the PC running the extension?
Any hints on how to get the hub detected?
Thanks alot!
Guy

Are the hubs on the same network and subnet as the Roon core?

3rd (and hopefully final!) Edit: After digging through the firewall logs. I need to open inbound port 50000. and now status says OK.

2nd Edit: no i was wrong. that port wasnt enough… so back to, anyone know which ports i need to open on the wirewall? thx

EDIT: I think i’ve worked it out. I needed to enable TCP inbound port 8061
now the remote is visible to Roon

Hi CrystalGipsy,
Yes. All on the same SubNet.
I just did a test and completely disabled the firewire on my Windows Server 2012 box (That’s where Roon core is runnin) and it picked up the Hub finally.
Anyone know what port I’d need to allow for it to work? (I don’t want to have to disable my firewall…)
Thx

Hi Guys

I cannot find console application downloads on Github, only readme file, can you help?

Thank’s