Roon Extension Manager on sonicTransporter

Hello Andrew. Thanks for the response and looking into this.
Still unable to install here. I do see one additional line (line 5) ‘OEM rpmfusion Packages 179 B/s | 331 B 00:01’, but otherwise identical. Looks like all attempt still try to grab http://yum.sonicorbiter.com/OEM100/30/x86_64/RPMS/repodata/repomd.xml (IP: 66.241.100.214), and fail.

Full output here.

That URL is working OK from here. Maybe try reboot and try again.

Hmm. I tried that a couple of times already and just did so again, but no joy. Also rebooted modem / router, flushed DNS and DHCP caches, just in case.

I can call up the file at http://yum.sonicorbiter.com/OEM100/30/x86_64/RPMS/repodata/repomd.xml from browser anywhere in my LAN, so don’t think it is my DNS settings - using Cloudflare currently. Worked perfectly fine with 2.7 too :thinking:

Not sure if the 404 errors indicate the main file cannot be accessed properly from the sonictransport for some reason, or if it relates to locations referenced within the XML.

Will try other dns servers but doubtful…
If you have suggestions, I am listening!

Sounds like a DNS issue with your device.

Can you contact me directly using the “contact us” button on the small green computer web site.? I think I’ll need to connect to your system and figure out what is wrong.

1 Like

done. Thanks

Ok, I decided to play around with the Extension Manager so I updated to 2.8. How do we get new updates for 2.8? How do we go back to 2.7?

You get updates by pressing the upgrade button. This is true of all versions of our software.

You can not go back to 2.7

Thanks. Any chance we can get the latest HQPlayer Embedded on 2.8?

I think we already have the latest.

4.19 was just released…

That was fast! Thanks!!

This is odd, I can’t get the HQPLayer 4.19 update on my STi9.

I’ve been running the update everyday on the STi9 and all it reported was “nothing to do”.

Are you running Sonicorbiter OS 2.8?

No, I am not a ST 2.8 Beta participant, I assumed that the HQPlayer 4.19.0 update was available to everyone, as in past updates.

It appears that it is only available to the Beta testers on 2.8?

I will just wait for the 2.8 update to go public to the masses.

2.8 has been released for public use.

Hi Andrew–My sT-AP still shows 2.7 as the current release and when I update, I get the “nothing to do” message. Am I missing something? @agillis

Go to sonicorbiter.com and click on FAQ (frequently asked questions) and read the update instructions.

Thanks, that went smoothly, including installation of the Extension Manager so I can once again control my Marantz AVR volume through Roon!

Hi Andrew,

I have been running 2.8 beta. Is the general release an actual update from the beta, and is it necessary for me to reinstall now?

Also, as of this afternoon, I continue to see SW Version 2.7 showing as the latest version… screenshot below. Any significance to this?

No reinstall. Just press the update button.