Roon Extension Manager v0.11.9 [Obsolete]

How can I add extensions that aren’t listed in the extension manager? Danny has just made an extension for Devialet Phantom and I don’t know where to save it so the extension manager recognises it.

That depends a bit on the platform you run the Extension Manager on.

I will check if I can add it to the Repository. Problem is that GitHub is having issues at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! I’m running Windows 10 Pro.

Sorry for being a bit impatient. Have you managed to add the extension to the repository or is there a how to which shows the steps for manually installing the extension on Win 10?

I had a look if it is only a matter of adding the Phantom extension to the repository but unfortunately it isn’t. The thing is that the Phantom extension is inconsistent in its naming, requiring an update of the Extension Manager to get it working. There are some other small changes I plan to do and I hope to come up with a new release within a few weeks time.

2 Likes

Roon Extension Repository v0.3.3 is now available

This update makes the Devialet Phantom Volume Control extension available.

How to update

If auto update is enabled then the changes will be pulled in the next time the update is performed. It is also possible to update manually via the Settings dialog, select the Extension Repository from the System category and perform the update action.

1 Like

Thank you very much! It’s highly appreciated!

Roon Extension Manager v0.10.1 is now available

Two small changes:

• A newer version of the tar dependency has been included, as the old version had a security vulnerability (CVE-2018-20834)
  • Fixed a bug in the Docker support that prevented environment variables from having underscores

How to update

If auto update is enabled then the changes will be pulled in the next time the update is performed. It is also possible to update manually via the Settings dialog, select the Extension Manager from the System category and perform the update action.

Hi Jan. When I performed a manual update all my extensions went away & they didn’t come back. I’m on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Help!

I found the log file. How the hell do I post it without creating a 200 page post?

The interesting part will be around the end of the file. Does it look like this:

/root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-manager/node_modules/ws/lib/websocket.js:347
      ...options
      ^^^

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ...
    at createScript (vm.js:56:10)
    at Object.runInThisContext (vm.js:97:10)
    at Module._compile (module.js:549:28)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:586:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:494:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:453:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:445:3)
    at Module.require (module.js:504:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-manager/node_modules/ws/index.js:3:19)

In case it does then you have to update Node.js. The easiest way to do this is by downloading and running the latest installer:

https://github.com/TheAppgineer/roon-extension-manager-packaging/releases/download/v0.5.2/setup-win64-v0.5.2.exe

Make sure you run it as administrator. There is no need to uninstall older versions first.

Alternative is to check what version of Node.js is installed, if it is version 6.x then you should update as it became too old for the Roon API.

I tried running the installer, but I got a message in the command window “failed with return code 1603”. I closed Roon before running the installer & ran it as administrator.

Does it make a difference if you try again after a reboot?

Otherwise it might be necessary to perform a manual uninstall first as instructed in the Wiki.

After a re-boot it installed node & git OK but when it got to installing extension manager I got:
‘npm’ is not recognized…failed with return code 9009

It might be an issue with the Path environment variable.

If you open a Command window and enter:

echo %Path%

Does it include something like C:\Program Files\nodejs and C:\Program Files\Git\cmd somewhere near the end? If not then you logout and then login again. After that you repeat the above command and see if it changed. If it did it is worth a try to run the installer once more.

That did the trick.
Thanks a million Jan!

1 Like

Good that we could prevent the full uninstall. This information is helpful in improving the robustness of the installer in the future.

Hi . I’m trying to install the extension manager on ubuntu 18.04 . ran the script and after fixing a by installing npm it all looked ok. but its not visible in roon. If I run this command i get the following…
any help welcome desperate to get the cd ripper working ! :slight_smile:

root@roonserver:~# systemctl status roon-extension-manager
? roon-extension-manager.service - Roon Extension Manager
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/roon-extension-manager.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: start-limit-hit) since Wed 2019-08-14 15:32:10 UTC; 6h ago
Process: 1993 ExecStart=/root/.RoonExtensions/bin/roon-extension-manager.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 1993 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Aug 14 15:32:10 roonserver systemd[1]: roon-extension-manager.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Aug 14 15:32:10 roonserver systemd[1]: roon-extension-manager.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Aug 14 15:32:10 roonserver systemd[1]: Stopped Roon Extension Manager.
Aug 14 15:32:10 roonserver systemd[1]: roon-extension-manager.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Aug 14 15:32:10 roonserver systemd[1]: roon-extension-manager.service: Failed with result ‘start-limit-hit’.
Aug 14 15:32:10 roonserver systemd[1]: Failed to start Roon Extension Manager.

There is something wrong with the service.
What output do you get from these two commands?

cd ~/.RoonExtensions/bin
./roon-extension-manager.sh

Did a manual uninstall, rebooted, then re-installed the 64-bit version.
What went wrong?

Stopping service…
roon-extension-manager: STOP: The service has not been started.

Downloading node-v10.15.3-x64.msi…
######################################################################## 100,0%
OK

Installing Node.js…
OK

Downloading Git-2.22.0-64-bit.exe…
######################################################################## 100,0%
OK

Installing git…
OK

Configuring npm…

SUCCESS: Specified value was saved.
Installing Roon Extension Manager…
npm WARN deprecated node-uuid@1.4.8: Use uuid module instead

• roon-extension-manager@0.10.1
    added 55 packages from 64 contributors in 81.903s
    Installing Updater…
  • roon-extension-manager-updater@0.3.0
    added 11 packages from 4 contributors in 72.451s

Starting service…
roon-extension-manager: START: The system cannot find the file specified.
Press any key to continue . . .

1 Like