Roon Extension Manager v0.11.9 [Obsolete]

Hi Jan
Yes, I used Linux Debian

You used the steps described here?

Hi Jan

Donā€™t remember now to be honest ā€¦ But I restarted the extension with the folloiwng command:

cd ~/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-manager
node start.js

and it seem sto be workingā€¦

Roon Extension Manager v0.7.0 is now available

This release adds the option to use local repository files, enabling the installation of extensions that are not included in the global repository. Although this features is intended for developers and integrators, tinkerers might find a use for it as well.

You can find more information about it on the Development page of the project Wiki.

How to update

If auto update is enabled then the changes will be pulled in the next time the update is performed. It is also possible to update manually via the Settings dialog, select the Extension Manager from the System category and perform the update action.

2 Likes

I just wanted to say a big thank you to @Jan_Koudijs and @Astr0b0y. The past couple of days has been a steep learning curve into the world of extensions. What you guys can do blows my mind! As a Mac user, it has been scary experience playing with command windows but the level of detail in your instruction has made it really easy. I now have the Roon tools I need to convert a cassette player into a really cool Roon player. Thanks!

2 Likes

Strange thing happened.
My NUC/ROCK Core is connected to Ethernet (192.168.13.0/24) and Wi-Fi (10.3.201.0/24) with both subnets bridged in my network.
The Roon Extension Manager service is running an an HP MicroServer that is connected to Ethernet only.
I lost the Ethernet connection on the NUC due to a disconnected cable. The locking clip of the RJ45 plug broke off.
Roon kept running over Wi-Fi but all my extensions disappeared (except for the RoPieee extension).
So bridging of the subnets does not seem to keep the extensions alive.

Is your RPi, running RoPieee, connected via WiFi or Ethernet?
Did the extensions re-appear after the Ethernet connection was restored?

Both RPiā€™s are connected via Ethernet, but Wi-Fi is enabled.
I suppose they are connected on both subnets.

Maybe @spockfish can confirm.

I can.

But yeah, RoPieee does not disable ethernet when using WiFi. So if you keep the cable connected when WiFi is running as well you get 2 connections. Depending on your infrastructure that indeed might be on 2 different subnets.

@Jan_Koudijs if you need any help to figure this out then let me know. Thereā€™s now football over here for us Dutchies, so we have some spare time I guess :wink:

That your RPis have 2 network connections then explains why the RoPieee extension kept the connection to the core. Since the Extension Manager and the other extensions are running on the HP MicroServer with only an Ethernet connection, it makes sense that they lost the connection to the core when the locking clip broke.

Anything that can be done here within the extension itself?

Related to the 0.7.0 update one might have to re PAIR the manager - at least I had to.

Help! My extensions keep crashing. Iā€™m using Extension Manager 0.7.0 on Windows 10 Pro, and I use the Logitech Harmony source control and Denon/Marantz volume control. (Both of these extensions crash, but Extension Manager does not.)

Iā€™ve recently replaced my router, updated Windows, and updated Roon, so Iā€™m not sure what the source of the problem is.

Hereā€™s the last section of the Extension Manager log:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'cb' of undefined
    at Moo.handle_response (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\node-roon-api\moo.js:192:43)
    at Transport.transport.onmessage.msg [as onmessage] (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\node-roon-api\lib.js:395:27)
    at WebSocket.Transport.ws.onmessage (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\node-roon-api\transport-websocket.js:30:14)
    at WebSocket.onMessage (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:442:14)
    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    at WebSocket.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at Receiver.onbinary (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:848:10)
    at C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:628:18
    at Receiver.applyExtensions (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:371:5)
    at C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:604:14
2018-07-27T23:56:27.449Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)
2018-07-28T06:00:02.215Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
404: Not Found

2018-07-28T10:21:39.235Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)
2018-07-28T10:21:40.338Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-07-28T18:33:52.685Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-07-28T19:21:32.405Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-07-28T19:21:32.413Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)
2018-07-28T21:13:18.765Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-07-29T06:00:11.534Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)

2018-07-29T10:29:58.958Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-07-29T22:20:37.147Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-07-29T22:20:38.382Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Nothing conclusive in that log, so as a first step you might try to uninstall the Harmony and Denon extension via the Extension Manager and then install them again.

Thanks, @Jan_Koudijs. I went ahead and uninstalled all three extensions and re-installed everything. Everything is good so far today.

More crashes, even after a clean install of all three extensions. Hereā€™s the log file. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

2018-07-30T01:04:12.996Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)
2018-07-30T06:00:02.357Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-07-30T06:00:12.978Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)

C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\node-roon-api\moo.js:192
    let cb = this.requests[msg.request_id].cb;
                                          ^

at Moo.handle_response (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\node-roon-api\moo.js:192:43)
    at Transport.transport.onmessage.msg [as onmessage] (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\node-roon-api\lib.js:395:27)
    at WebSocket.Transport.ws.onmessage (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\node-roon-api\transport-websocket.js:30:14)
    at WebSocket.onMessage (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:442:14)
    at Receiver.onbinary (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:848:10)
    at C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:628:18
    at Receiver.applyExtensions (C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:371:5)
    at C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:604:14
2018-07-30T18:23:06.972Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-07-30T18:23:06.972Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)
2018-07-30T20:39:31.993Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-07-30T20:39:31.993Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)
C:\Users\andys\AppData\Roaming\RoonExtensions\node_modules\roon-extension-manager\node_modules\node-roon-api\moo.js:192
                                          ^

2018-07-31T06:00:02.525Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-07-31T06:00:13.357Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)

2018-07-31T20:51:19.322Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
                                          ^

2018-08-01T06:00:02.280Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-08-01T06:00:12.209Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)

events.js:160
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
      ^

Error: read ECONNRESET
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:1018:11)
    at TCP.onread (net.js:568:26)
2018-08-02T02:21:19.824Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)
2018-08-02T02:21:20.013Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-harmony (1)

2018-08-02T23:13:07.283Z - Err: Terminated: roon-extension-denon (1)

Did you perform a full uninstall as described here?

I didnā€™t uninstall Node.js and Git, but otherwise, yes. I followed the rest of those steps exactly.

Do you run the original Denon extension via the Extension Manager or are you using the fork as discussed in the Denon thread?

If you use the fork, how do you run it besides the manager?

I quit using the fork back in May, because it seemed a little unstable. I went back to using the standard one in Extension Manager, but TBH I donā€™t remember exactly what procedure I used to uninstall. The standard one ran great up until recently.

Hereā€™s my extensions page:

Hi @Andy_Spinks,

The last couple of weeks I have been busy improving the logging facilities of the Extension Manager, and since your case is in need of more logging information I would like to ask you if you want to test a development version that I now have.

If you want to try this, you first have to switch to this development version. This is done via the following steps:

• Type services in the Windows search bar and open the Services application
  • Select the Roon Extension Manager service in the list and stop it
  • Type git cmd in the Windows search bar and open the Git CMD application
  • Type npm install -g https://github.com/TheAppgineer/roon-extension-manager.git#develop, press Enter and wait till the prompt gets back
  • Go back to the Services application and start the Roon Extension Manager service again

If you want to revert to the stable version later, you have to repeat the above steps but leave the #develop part of the npm install line out.

If you now go to the extensions in Roon you should see that version 0.0.0 (develop version) of the Extension Manager is running. Now make the following changes in its settings, pressing save for each line:

• Enable logging in the GLOBAL SETTINGS
  • Select System, Extension Manager and select the ā€˜Restart (with logging)ā€™ action
  • Select Device Control and select the ā€˜Restart (with logging)ā€™ action for the Denon and Harmony extension

If you now go to the %AppData%\RoonExtensions\log directory you should see three separate log files for the running extensions. After configuring the Denon and Harmony extension you can leave them running till the problem occurs. At occurrence you can zip up the log directory and drop me a link, then I will have a look.

In case you run into an issue, let me know.

1 Like