The last couple of weeks I have been busy improving the logging facilities of the Extension Manager, and since your case is in need of more logging information I would like to ask you if you want to test a development version that I now have.
If you want to try this, you first have to switch to this development version. This is done via the following steps:
services in the Windows search bar and open the Services application
- Select the Roon Extension Manager service in the list and stop it
git cmd in the Windows search bar and open the Git CMD application
npm install -g https://github.com/TheAppgineer/roon-extension-manager.git#develop, press Enter and wait till the prompt gets back
- Go back to the Services application and start the Roon Extension Manager service again
If you want to revert to the stable version later, you have to repeat the above steps but leave the
#develop part of the
npm install line out.
If you now go to the extensions in Roon you should see that version 0.0.0 (develop version) of the Extension Manager is running. Now make the following changes in its settings, pressing save for each line:
- Enable logging in the GLOBAL SETTINGS
- Select System, Extension Manager and select the ‘Restart (with logging)’ action
- Select Device Control and select the ‘Restart (with logging)’ action for the Denon and Harmony extension
If you now go to the
%AppData%\RoonExtensions\log directory you should see three separate log files for the running extensions. After configuring the Denon and Harmony extension you can leave them running till the problem occurs. At occurrence you can zip up the log directory and drop me a link, then I will have a look.
In case you run into an issue, let me know.