Roon Extension Manager v0.11.9 [Obsolete]

Hi,

I am trying to install the extension manager on AudioLinux and after installing node v11.15.0 (npm v6.7.0)
and the manager files I still don’t see the menu in roon remote.

I have the following output when running the script: ./roon-extension-manager.sh
(It says it can’t find “docker” do I have to install something ?)

Here is the output:

[audiolinux@audiolinux lib]$ ./roon-extension-manager.sh
{ npm: ‘6.7.0’, ‘roon-extension-repository’: ‘0.3.5’ }
Docker not found
2019-09-21T19:23:44.213Z - Inf: Roon Extension Manager started!
{}
2019-09-21T19:23:44.224Z - Inf: Extension Repository loaded
-> REQUEST 0 com.roonlabs.registry:1/info
<- COMPLETE 0 Success {“core_id”:“8e25c544-35a0-46e7-988e-fa1d0fa52314”,“display_name”:“audiolinux”,“display_version”:“1.6 (build 416) stable”}
-> REQUEST 1 com.roonlabs.registry:1/register {“extension_id”:“com.theappgineer.extension-manager.audiolinux”,“display_name”:“Roon Extension Manager @audiolinux”,“display_version”:“0.10.1”,“publisher”:“The Appgineer",“email”:"theappgineer@gmail.com”,“required_services”:[],“optional_services”:[],“provided_services”:[“com.roonlabs.settings:1”,“com.roonlabs.status:1”,“com.roonlabs.pairing:1”,“com.roonlabs.ping:1”],“website”:“https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-extension-manager/26632",“token”:"3e57c933-63c3-4063-bcd3-a04a89b783b0”}
<- CONTINUE 1 Registered {“core_id”:“8e25c544-35a0-46e7-988e-fa1d0fa52314”,“display_name”:“audiolinux”,“display_version”:“1.6 (build 416) stable”,“token”:“3e57c933-63c3-4063-bcd3-a04a89b783b0”,“provided_services”:[],“http_port”:9100}
<- REQUEST 1 com.roonlabs.status:1/subscribe_status {“subscription_key”:“15”}
-> CONTINUE 1 Subscribed {“message”:“Core paired”,“is_error”:false}
<- REQUEST 2 com.roonlabs.pairing:1/subscribe_pairing {“subscription_key”:“16”}
-> CONTINUE 2 Subscribed {“paired_core_id”:“8e25c544-35a0-46e7-988e-fa1d0fa52314”}
-> CONTINUE 1 Changed {“message”:“Core paired”,“is_error”:false}

Any help will be appreciated :wink:

I think I have an idea of something to check.

In AudioLinux RoonServer is installed as a global application and run with systemd. Thus the process belongs to root. I am trying to do a local installation of the extension manager and running it with my user privileges. Won’t that be a problem for the Extention Manager to attach to the Roon Core process ?

If yes, would it be possible to modify the setup.sh installation script to do a “global” install with root user or sudo ? I gave it a try but there is just to much for me to change all the directories etc…

I will try a manual install as su.

Hi @Sebastien_NGUYEN,

The Extension manager found your Roon core:

“display_name”:“audiolinux”,“display_version”:“1.6 (build 416) stable”

Do you use a phone as remote? Unfortunately the phone interface doesn’t support extensions, you need a PC, Mac or Tablet.

Docker is optional.

Hello,

I am indeed using a phone.

Too bad I can’t use extensions with it.

Is there any plan to improve the phone app ?

I’ll check if my installation is working with roon remote on a PC.

Thank you !

I’m blind user of the Roon Web Controller. Some buttons (skip, pause) are not describet for the screenreader. Is it posible to make description and implements shortcuts? I;m sory for my english. Best regards Robertd

A strange thing happened recently. My installed extensions disappeared and there’s no extensions to browse in the extension manager. I’ve no clue about what has happened. Does anyone have an idea of a fix or a reason why this has happened? Windows 10 has updated itself, otherwise there are no changes in my setup. All suggestions are most welcome.

2 Likes

Which version of Node.js are you running? You can check by entering the following command in a command window.

node --version

If you are still running version 6 then you have to update by running the latest Windows installer.

1 Like

Thanks! Will check it out.

I had to reinstall the extension manager and the extensions. Now all is working fine. Thanks!

Hello, I can’t duplicate it to describe the steps that lead to the fact that very often Roon Extension Manager gets uninstalled on my Windows system. I’m using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. In this situation, I am forced to reinstall and pair the Extension Manager in the Roon settings. Is there any solution to this problem. It is annoying because I am a blind person and the sighting and installation of the Roon Web Controller plug-in must be carried out for me.
Regards Robert Tota

There have been multiple reports about Extension Manager installations on Windows that got broken. I never found a way to reproduce this in order to further investigate. What might help is that I have a new Desktop PC that is running Windows 10 as main operating systems, Linux now runs in a virtual machine (used to be the other way around). I just installed the Extension Manager and will monitor how it behaves, hopefully I will discover something.

Is your Windows system running 24/7 or does it regularly reboot?

Hello Jan, no, I start my system in the morning and shut it down in the evening. I noticed that when Windows 10 updates and restarts after the update, you usually need to re-enable extensions and install Web Controller.
Earlier I used Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and there were not so many problems.
Today, I noticed that it is enough to close the Windows Roon Controller and the Extension Manager shut down and Web controler extension is uninstalled.
I very much hope that your tests on a new computer with Windows 10 will solve this problem. For me it’s a disaster now because I can’t use Ron until my wife who is a sighted person turns on the Extension Manager and reinstalls the Web Controller.
Regards Robert Tota

Are you running the “all in one” version of Roon? If so, then closing the Windows Roon Controller will shutdown your Roon Core and the extensions can no longer connect to it.

I did a short test by running the Web Controller and then shutting down the Roon Core. The result is that the extension reports that is has to be enabled in Roon instead of reporting that it cannot connect to a core. When I start the Roon Core again the extension can reconnect and works again.

Can you elaborate a bit more about this? If you check the status of the Web Controller in the Extension Manager do you have to start it again or do you really have to install it again?

I’m very sorry. I could have been misled. My previous installation was incorrect. Indeed, I had all-in-one installed (Controller, server, output). After closing the controller, the Roon Core also shut down and of course was not available. Unfortunately, after restarting Roon, I had to reinstall the Web Controller (my seeing wife did it for me). I uninstalled everything. I installed the Roon Server. I have installed Extension Manager again. In the roon settings using a controller with an IPad I reinstalled the Web Controller and turned it on. After restarting the computer, the Web Controller works and i do not need to reinstall or restart it.
I don’t know why I had a problem before that the Web Controller was uninstalled every time after closing and restarting Windows. After reinstallation, it looks like it has been working properly for 3 days. I do not need to reinstall anything. Can I help you? Best Regards Robert

I’ve been running the extension manager via Docker image on Synology DS416+ NAS for a long time without incident, but happened to notice that it ‘stops unexpectedly’ multiple times a day (anything from 1-7 times daily during October).

It is set to auto-restart so I’m not seeing an operational problem.

The log just states ‘docker image not found’. The times it stops appear random.

The NAS is on 24/7, and only reboots when a DSM update is installed.

I’m running the alarm clock, and deep harmony extensions.

I don’t necessarily need a fix, so report this for completeness really, in case it is something you want/need to look at

If you need anymore info let me know.
Nick

Whose log are you watching here (NAS, Extension Manager, other)?

Can you post one occurrence which a couple of surrounding lines (before and after the event)?

It’s the log for the intance running on my NAS

It doesn’t show anything else I’m afraid (happy to look at other logs with guidance (I’m no expert when it comes to docker/linux i’m afraid)

Nick

Is it possible to install the extension manager on a Raspberry Pi running Ropiee? Still having trouble with Win 10 restarting whenever it wants after an update, with a malfunctioning Extension manager as a result.

The “Docker not found” message is a warning, meaning that there is no access to the Docker daemon and Docker based extensions cannot be installed. This is not the cause of the restart but it indeed indicates a restart as it is only reported at startup.

If the interface doesn’t give access to the full log then an ssh connection to the NAS might be an alternative. Can you access the NAS over ssh?

I had an update on my Windows 10 system and after the reboot the Extension Manager wasn’t listed in Roon, I haven’t found the cause of this (yet). What I did to recover is to go to the service and restart it, that was enough to let it appear again.

To restart the service you type services in the search field of the taskbar and start the Services application. Scroll down the services list and select the Roon Extension Manager entry. Now select the Restart option in the list at the left (or Start if it was stopped).

Clearly a workaround but maybe worth a try for the next time.

RoPieee only support the Alarm Clock extension, the Extension Manager is supported on DietPi.

1 Like

Thanks, a restart did the trick. I had to reinstall the extension afterwards. I’ve made a request in the Ropiee feature thread about supporting the extension manager.