Roon extension stops receiving updates

Hi,

I’ve written an extension that uses the transport API to monitor the zones and it works fine except after some time the extension stops receiving the zone change events. Before it used to take several days for this to happen but after the latest core update it happens pretty much every day.
The extension is listed in the UI as connected but the extension log shows no events. Restart of the extension fixes the problem.

Any pointers on how to troubleshoot this?

Core is running on Ubuntu, controller is on an Android tablet, extensions (3 instances on 3 different devices) are all on Linux.
I do not have (and never have had) a second core running like another user here that had a similar problem.
I’ve done several npm updates for the past few days to make sure I’m using the latest API code.

Thanks!

Hi @Vick,

The place I would start troubleshooting is by looking at the log files from both the extension and Roon core. The Roon core logs here. The extension logs are normally printed to the terminal in which the extension app is run, I would do something like this to create a log file:

node app.js | tee extension_log.txt

Hopefully that was clear, I can try to be more specific if not.

If you send me both log files I can take a look and try to see what might be going wrong.

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply, after looking at the extension logs it looks like I was wrong and the zone change events do not stop coming, they just seem to be delayed sometimes.
I think it happens after I’ve played music for few hours. I’ve seen a delay of almost 30 seconds to get the zone change event after I press stop. And after a bit everything works fine.
There is no major load on the roon server.
I do see messages in the roon server log about connectivity issues with the Android tablet I use as a controller which is normal given the tablet turns off wireless when the screen goes out, maybe that is somehow affecting the other messages being sent out?

09/17 09:37:14 Info: [raatserver] GOT DEVICE 0e8d78f98f9523268d9348705ae634c9::default Type=android Name=Default Output
09/17 09:37:14 Trace: [push] restarting connection (Unable to read data from the transport connection: interrupted.)
09/17 09:37:14 Trace: [push] retrying connection in 57383ms

I think that it being related to network problems is possible but unlikely. On the other hand I suppose I don’t have a better theory of the problem.

I’d really like to see at least the complete logs directory from the Roon core. Could you zip up the whole directory and upload it somewhere I can get at it? I’d like to see a complete log from the extension side too, but at least the Roon core one would help a lot.

Thanks again! Bugs in the API and extension libraries are important to us, I appreciate the help tracking them down.