After update to the version 2.0 (build 1211 as well as 1223), everything is so slow and almost unusable. Every playback starts after a few minutes (whether local or streaming). Background audio analysis is very slow. Every page takes a few minutes to load. (The situation doesn’t change if background audio analysis is stopped.)
Memory usage seems OK (similar to the previous versions).
CPU usage seems too high.
I have been having what seems to be the same issue - it appears to me to be a memory leak that requires me to constantly restart Roon Core on iMac to get 15 minutes or more of sluggish free use. Here is my support request:
It has been a week since I started this topic, but no official comment from Roon support!
On the support page, they say:
“Once you’ve clicked on Create Topic our technical team will be immediately notified of your request. They will reply on the thread you’ve created as soon as possible. Please, keep in mind that response times may be slower over the weekend as our technical team work Monday through Friday.”
I have not figured it out yet except that my issue seems to abate with a restart but only for 15 to 30 minutes. Presumably, that is the ram being used up until it peaks and causes slowness and delays. It is worth pointing out that if I use only playback and add no albums I have no issues but when I start adding albums, sampling tracks and favoriting artists then it stops working.
Just chiming in again - since the last update my Nucleus+ server software is crashing and restarting approximately 2-3 times in a 24 hour timespan. I was on a “streak” of no issues for a few months but now things are starting to act up again. I was listening night before last and about 2 hours in the server software crashed for no apparent reason and took ROON about 10 minutes to restart/reconnect. Something’s up…
Update - whatever happened in Build 1234 appears to have fixed my problems. Everything seems incredibly stable now. Thanks!
Hello to all,
same problem here. RoonServer on an iMac 2019 8-core 128GB/2TB/8TB/64TB.
Adding new albums takes too much time and even more the longer RoonServer is running.
A typical scenario is:
I start RoonServer on the iMac running the library from the internal m.2 SSD. Librarysize is 881.000 tracks. Looking for new additions in the surveilled folders takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
Very fast since the update from 1.8 to 2.0. then the new additions take forever. Beginning of additions much faster, after hours there are only some albums added per hour. Playing tracks the same behaviour. When Roon is newly started playing a track maybe takes 15 seconds to start. The longer the Roon Core runs, the longer it takes to start playing a chosen track, sometimes this is minutes!
It started some weeks ago with an update of Roon, where Roon updated the internal database. My database is 87GB and I back up regularly. I tried this step again with the old database but problem was the same.