Roon folder auto scanning no longer working (QNAP)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core 1.7 (build 667) running on QNAP TS-673 (firmware version 4.5.1.1465)
Roon controller - Windows 10 Pro (Dell Inspiron laptop, custom HTPC) / Android tablet

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Starting around 1 week ago, Roon stopped automatically updating database. 1 album and 1 track added in this time were not imported into Roon. In both cases, I had to manually update the library using the Force Rescan option.

I have installed the latest version and I’ve restarted the Roon Core on my QNAP NAS multiple times, but the auto-update function still doesn’t work. The same issue for removed files - the database doesn’t auto-update, but updates when using the Forced Rescan option.

Hi,
I suspect you have Roon watching network shares on the QNAP.
If this is the case, as your Roon Core is on the QNAP itself, I recommend pointing Roon directly at the local filesystem.

I don’t believe it’s done through the network share - this is how I have the watch folder set up.

Hi @Yinka_Oyesikum,

We are looking into this. Roughly how many tracks are in your library?

12,454 tracks
1,200 albums

Hello @Yinka_Oyesiku, and thanks for the info! I have added your data to our internal tracker and will return once I have feedback from the team!

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.