Roon forgets audio devices after RoonBridge reboot

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Server (Ubuntu Server 18.04/KVM i5-4590T 4GB 20GB SSD/build 505)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

wired TP-Link TL-SG116E switch / 2x media converters TP-Link MC100CM

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MSB DAC IV USB with RoonBridge on HummingBoard/Armbian - kernel 4.19

Description Of Issue

If I reboot the RoonBridge, the enabled audio devices are forgotten and I need to reenable them. This happens for ALL configured devices, they are all forgotten.

No problems if I restart just the RoonBridge service (systemctl restart RoonBridge). The devices are still enabled after the restart.

I checked the logs trying to find a difference and I noticed that the machine_id in RAATServer.log changes after a system reboot while it doesn’t if just restart the service (as expected).

Another RoonBridge installation, Debian Stretch installed from scratch, following Debian ARM installation instruction, doesn’t exhibit the same behavior and the devices are still enabled after rebooting. A log check shows that, in this case, the machine_id is preserved across reboots. The kernel here is 4.18, from Stretch backports.

Now, the questions are:

1. Is the machine_id change which causes the problems, as the RoonBridge is considered a new device after the reboot?
  2. What the machine_id calculation depends on? If you could share some details on that I can go into deeper investigation about the cause of the problem.

Thanks
Marcello

Hi @Marcello,

Can you reproduce the issue once more (restart the device) and then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We will need both the RoonBridge logs and the RAATServer logs.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

I took the logs from a different setup as I’m not in my main location. The only difference is a Tinkerboard instead of the Hummingboard. Still Armbian, Stretch and 4.19 kernel. Same Roon versions (Server running on MacOS) and same behaviour.

*_log.02.txt are the logs BEFORE any action
*_logs.01.txt after a service restart
*_logs.txt after a device reboot

The link: https://ln2.sync.com/dl/1f19be6d0/h5rkwygz-a2ipchgy-eha52bkh-wirxcfcc
Please contact me with a private message to have the password.

Thanks
Marcello

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.